Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok we have Mice. I have posted this before several months back. We raged an all out war and I stopped seeing them for a good while. Well weather got cold and they are finding new ways in. Anyway. we set traps(snap traps) after I told DH set me some traps I hear mice in here(our bed room.. shudders). Well he did, and when he went to check the traps this morning, he say OH SHHHH..... I said you got two, he said TWO?, Come look at this. Ok now this is the strangest thing I have EVER seen. one trap, we set two, had 1 mouse. the other had 2, right next to each other. Yes nasty I agree, but strangely odd.

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Replies (21-30):
BeachMommy07
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM

I don't like glue traps..would rather just them die instantly. Where there is one there is tons more.

Quoting SweetLuci:

I don't know which are worse, the glue traps-great because you just throw the whole thing away-but can't stand to hear their squeals and know they're suffering-or the traps that you have to release and sometimes the mouse is stuck and then you have to reset it. It's a problem. I'm glad that DH did it, and that we don't have that problem where we live now.

Quoting Leelee1008:

I hate it. I dont like the thoughts of glue traps, since they are still alive when you pick them up, but I need them gone and fast, they are YUCKY!

Quoting SweetLuci:

Yeah, we also had a problem when road construction was going on. They cleared out a wooded area, and we had a baby opposum in the garage one morning.

Quoting Leelee1008:

thats our problem. Our neighbor got sick and moved in with her son, let her youngest dead beat son keep the house, well he left it in shambles, we went in there and tehre was mice crap and bugs. The house has been vacant for a year this past october, but as soon as the cold came, we noticed the mice. they also cut down ALL the woods at the end of my street to build appartments. were getting alot of crittes in the neighborhood.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Many years ago, the house next door had been empty for a long time, then new people bought it, found mice and bugs, and set of spray bombs, which sent them scurring to our garage. DH set 3 traps. we went to bed. We heard three snaps. He went out, emptied them, set them again, got back in bed, three snaps. Set them again, back in bed, three snaps. We were starting to cuddle each time and kept getting interrupted, then we were laughing so hard. We ended up with 15, and that was the end of that.

LuvUSoMuch
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Ugh - I hope they don't get on you WHILE YOU ARE SLEEPING!!

I would be on edge, constantly afraid 1 would jump out at me when I opened a cabinet or drawer!

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I would be freaked out

KristinRox
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 10:56 PM

My tummy doesnt feel good after reading that. 

hlzcmjzajz
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:02 PM
We used to have them bad too- at night I could hear them in the walls & the lady who lives in the other half of our house kept finding dead ones in her closet... We set traps all over the place, filled all the holes we could find, & put our cat in the basement- we've been mouse free for almost a year now (knock on wood!) We also had dirty neighbors who moved in the beginning of the year so I think that had something to do with it too...
Hope you're able to get rid of them soon!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mami2oneboy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Eeww I hate mice I hope you don't have anymore :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mami2oneboy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:07 PM
OMG I would have a heart attack! Lol

Quoting LuvUSoMuch:

Ugh - I hope they don't get on you WHILE YOU ARE SLEEPING!!

I would be on edge, constantly afraid 1 would jump out at me when I opened a cabinet or drawer!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamivon2
by Sandra on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:09 PM

make sure the food is put up.. specially cat food.. and call someone

LifeCafe42
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Eeew
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tayanddyl
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:20 AM
Eeeewwwww
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN