Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

keep ds in your thoughts tonight

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:28 AM
  • 39 Replies

We are going for his sleep study and EEG tonight, 8:30 pm to 6 am. He has never spent a night not in our own home so I dont know how the change of location will trigger anything let alone all the wores they have to place. They said there is several on the head, 2 by each eye, 3 on his jaw, and ekg for his heart, sensors for breathing that are belts around his chest and abdomen, and ones for his legs. He sleeps in just a diaper, hates blankets or to be touched :/ So it will be interesting to say the least.

I have a brand new portable dvd player to bring with us and some umizoomi FIL recorded from tv for me, like 4 hours worth i think. We are bringing his cars sleeper sofa bed thingy and his cars pillow pet and his special blanket. I plan to bring a sandwhich and some bottles of milk (if he gets in his head he needs a drink or food before he sleeps he will stay up til 3-4 in the morning til we give it to him so I am brining just in case)

I am just a bundle of nerves about the whole thing. DH decided monday night he never agreed to the test and thinks we shouldn't take him so I am dealing with that too, and we have to bring Danica because we have no one else to watch her and we have to stay the night with Cace.

I hope this goes so much easier then I am expecting it to :(

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Wow! That sounds incredibly stressful!  Your DH sounds like mine, he would say the same thing...I will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.  Keep us updated!

mamivon2
by Sandra on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:44 AM

wow.. Im sure he will be just fine.. what is the test for.. Seizures??

othermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I hope that it goes well/

momkaribg
by Kari on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM
Good Luck i hope everything goes ok
KaylaMillar
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Good luck! Hope everything goes okay
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Christa on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Aww :( i hope all goes well.

How old is he?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
keeckhardt
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Praying all goes well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fraujones
by Amanda on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Hope all goes well!

lasombrs
by Sara on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:44 AM

They think he has sleep apnea and possibly seizures in his sleep. They have wanted to take his tonsils and adnoids for his auto immune disease too but he does poor with surgeries so they were waiting but if this test proves he has sleep apnea then we have to go ahead with the surgery soon too.

Quoting mamivon2:

wow.. Im sure he will be just fine.. what is the test for.. Seizures??

lasombrs
by Sara on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:45 AM

He turned 3 in august, so whats that like 3 and 1/4? lol

Quoting proudmommy690:

Aww :( i hope all goes well.

How old is he?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)