Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will/Did you?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:04 PM
  • 55 Replies
...adopt an angel this Christmas?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
SOA tonight!!
Today at 10:00 AM
by Trica on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Never heard of it?
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I cant

black.eyeliner
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know of it. I have done my charity acts this holiday season.  

black.eyeliner
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Ah I looked it up. Actually we did this right before Thanksgiving to our beautiful new baby Suki. She was three years old and surrendered at a shelter just as she reached adulthood. Her family flat out informed the shelter that they only wanted a kitten and not an adult cat. It was ridiculous. She stayed in the shelter for THREE years. Her first shelter did not let her out her cafe for two years and she was seized when they were closed down by the state. She was moved to Connecticut where we found her and adopted her. She was labeled a difficult cat and not expected to be adopted due to her shyness. She warmed up so quickly and is now just like all our other kitties.

LifeCafe42
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
My work did
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fairybaby55
by Sara on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:29 PM

never heard of it

keeckhardt
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Lots of places, at least where I live, have angel trees. You don't know who they are, just the age of the child, gender, clothes size, and some list a toy they would like. We were going to take one for each child until we learned of a greater need. A single dad raising his twin daughters and a son that is 9 months older. I see the kids regularly so I peeked at their sizes then went shopping. I put it all in a big red Santa bag then dropped it off on their porch and ran. I heard the dad talking about the bag and that it was exactly what the kids needed. I'm glad I could help them out. Coming from a family that had similar acts done when we were kids, I consider it paying it forward.
Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

we adopted a whole family :)

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:39 AM

this brought tears to my eyes. how generous of you!

Quoting keeckhardt:

Lots of places, at least where I live, have angel trees. You don't know who they are, just the age of the child, gender, clothes size, and some list a toy they would like. We were going to take one for each child until we learned of a greater need. A single dad raising his twin daughters and a son that is 9 months older. I see the kids regularly so I peeked at their sizes then went shopping. I put it all in a big red Santa bag then dropped it off on their porch and ran. I heard the dad talking about the bag and that it was exactly what the kids needed. I'm glad I could help them out. Coming from a family that had similar acts done when we were kids, I consider it paying it forward.

wandep
by Pam on Dec. 6, 2012 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

My Curves home adopted a family and we picked out a toy to purchase for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)