Group Home

Dear Santa,

What's up big guy? How the ornaments hangin'? Sorry, couldn't help myself. But speaking of ornaments, that's why I'm writing.

Oh Santa, I've been lazy this year. As of the writing of this letter, I have not put up any decorations for Christmas yet. Well not nothing, which is a double negative and means I have done one small tiny thing. A friend gave us a holiday card and I put it on the mantel. I think that counts as decorating don't you?

Here's the thing Santa, we don't all have as many helpers as you and sometimes our helpers, when they are 4 and 2 years-old, aren't really that much help even when we pretend they are. I'm not complaining, I guess I'm just explaining myself.

If you really want to know, the real reason I haven't decorated yet is we haven't gotten a tree. You see, I'm rigid. No Santa, not frigid. Rigid! Please Santa, get your mind out of the gutter. I'm talking about decorating for Christmas. I never, but never put up any decorations until I get a Christmas tree and so far we've been so busy we haven't gone to get a tree. Getting the tree is a whole family affair and our schedules just haven't allowed for it.

It's silly though, right? To wait for the tree. I could start putting out our other decorations. I know, but I'm not going to because like I said, I'm rigid. No tree, no glee.

What about you Santa, do you wait for the tree or trees to start decorating? Or do you just keep the decorations up all year because you're Santa? Do the elves dust the decorations during the slow season when they aren't busy frantically making toys closer to the holiday?

Hopefully, by the time you read this letter we will have gone to get our tree. I just don't want you to worry that you may show up on the big day to deliver gifts to my little ones and find no d├ęcor suited to the occasion. Oh no, I'll get on it. I promise.

Keep it jolly,

Claudya a.k.a. "Unknown Mami"

P.S. I have a blog Santa, you should totally check it out. Perhaps you would be interested in doing a guest post.

Okay lovely people of the internet, are you rigid? Do you wait until you have a tree to start decorating for Christmas?

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
cara124
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:12 AM

have to say DD 17 is the one with the christmas spirit this year no me ! ... She got out the tree & decorations and had the other kids help her while I was away at a fundraiser ... So I didn't lift a finger to "help" with the decorating this year... & she keeps adding little touches here and there through out the house LOL ... I have a love coffee table thing I didn't even know I owned LOL .

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting cara124:

I've never really thought about it but yes I guess I am rigid ... nothing gets decorated or feels christmasy until the tree is done LOL ....

I agree

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Very true.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:25 AM

This is pretty funny!

I don't necessarily wait for the tree... It just has to be after Thanksgiving. I think we put our Christmas village up before the tree this year.

Kmakksmom
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Nope!  We decorate the house first and THEN a tree. 

dusky_rose
by Sue on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:16 PM

This is me too.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

We have a artificial tree, but I start doing other decorating before we put it up.

Rushn311
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Tree always goes up first, then the rest will  follow

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Dec. 13, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Us too

Quoting ceciliam:

We usually do everything on teh same day, starting with the tree.

BabyTeki
by Nikki on Dec. 13, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Well we have a fake tree. But it is the first thing I pull up from downstairs when I decorate
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Dec. 13, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Quoting natesmom1228:

It all goes up at the same time.

Same here.  I would rather get it all done in one fell swoop.....

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Dec. 13, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I usually start decorating the day after Thanksgiving...I love the magic of the season ! I think I love it even more now that I have a child. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. letstalk747
  2. lizzig
  3. Jukebox_Jenny
  4. powow65
  5. alf2651
  6. Angela4boys