Group Home

Dear Santa,

What's up big guy? How the ornaments hangin'? Sorry, couldn't help myself. But speaking of ornaments, that's why I'm writing.

Oh Santa, I've been lazy this year. As of the writing of this letter, I have not put up any decorations for Christmas yet. Well not nothing, which is a double negative and means I have done one small tiny thing. A friend gave us a holiday card and I put it on the mantel. I think that counts as decorating don't you?

Here's the thing Santa, we don't all have as many helpers as you and sometimes our helpers, when they are 4 and 2 years-old, aren't really that much help even when we pretend they are. I'm not complaining, I guess I'm just explaining myself.

If you really want to know, the real reason I haven't decorated yet is we haven't gotten a tree. You see, I'm rigid. No Santa, not frigid. Rigid! Please Santa, get your mind out of the gutter. I'm talking about decorating for Christmas. I never, but never put up any decorations until I get a Christmas tree and so far we've been so busy we haven't gone to get a tree. Getting the tree is a whole family affair and our schedules just haven't allowed for it.

It's silly though, right? To wait for the tree. I could start putting out our other decorations. I know, but I'm not going to because like I said, I'm rigid. No tree, no glee.

What about you Santa, do you wait for the tree or trees to start decorating? Or do you just keep the decorations up all year because you're Santa? Do the elves dust the decorations during the slow season when they aren't busy frantically making toys closer to the holiday?

Hopefully, by the time you read this letter we will have gone to get our tree. I just don't want you to worry that you may show up on the big day to deliver gifts to my little ones and find no d├ęcor suited to the occasion. Oh no, I'll get on it. I promise.

Keep it jolly,

Claudya a.k.a. "Unknown Mami"

P.S. I have a blog Santa, you should totally check it out. Perhaps you would be interested in doing a guest post.

Okay lovely people of the internet, are you rigid? Do you wait until you have a tree to start decorating for Christmas?

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-55):
cara124
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 7:06 AM

We've had a fake one for about 10yrs now... its finally starting to show its age LOL .... I love it .... But thinking its going to be time after the holiday to look at the sales for a new one LOL .

Quoting celestegood:

I love fake ones.

Quoting Wish2Be:

Quoting BabyTeki:

Well we have a fake tree. But it is the first thing I pull up from downstairs when I decorate

I have a fake tree too...in fact I cant remember a time when I had a real tree...not even when I was little. Fake Trees are so much cheaper in the long run...especially since mine only cost me like $17 and I have had it for almost 8 years now.

cara124
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 7:08 AM

I love the nutcracker ! have you ever taken your kids to see the play ?

Quoting elasmimi:

No, I put the nutcrackers and Santas out first.

cara124
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 7:09 AM

we are the same ... everything is stored in one large box ... so nothing comes out before the tree LOL

Quoting KristinRox:

Decorating and my tree go hand in hand. My tree is stored with the decorations. If the decorations were in a different spot and I could get to them earlier, Id probably decorate sooner then when my tree comes out. But its not the case. Once the tree comes out, the decorations come with it, and we decorate everything. 

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Dec. 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Nope.I start right after Halloween.W/e tote I get to first I put up

lasombrs
by Sara on Dec. 25, 2012 at 7:41 PM

i do it all the day after thanksgiving usually. if we cant get the tree yet i will do the lights and stuff first though

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. letstalk747
  2. lizzig
  3. Jukebox_Jenny
  4. powow65
  5. alf2651
  6. Angela4boys