Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maybe my 10y old will listen next time..

Posted by   + Show Post

So my 10y old begged me.. BEGGED me to him ferret.. ok well the ferret was INN for like a week.. I am the one who does 90% of the work. I let him out every day.. play and interact with him.I have to tell my son to get up and do something with Jimmy..  Jimmy is used to me.. Yes the ferret knows justin but not as well as me.. ok.. So tonight I told him lets play with Jimmy.. I also told him not to be soo rough and be EASY with him.. well we have 2 of those doggie squeekie toys.. Sadie (the dog) and Jimmy both love those things.. specially Jimmy was all hyper and running and bouncing around.. so my son sits on the floor holding a  toy and kept on squeeking and squeeking and squeeking.. Jimmy got more hyper and more and more.. I told him. JUSTIN GIVE HIM THE TOY!!!! LET HIM HAVE IT or STAND UP,,!!! At this point Jimmy already jumped in his lap one time trying to get the toy... Justin still on the floor.. again. I told him GET UP or toss the toy away so Jimmy can chase it... you should think a 10year old can follow directions and do what I told him to do??? NOPE.. Jimmy jumped and got him in the lip!!

and yes he was bleeding.. and yes I took care of my son.. however I told him that this would not have happened if he would have simply done what I told him to do..

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 9:41 PM
Replies (11-15):
mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Yep this. You torment an animal, I don't want to hear about it when it jacks you up.

Quoting bether89:

Sometimes they have to learn the hard way.  I have learned this with my boys.

flowerfunleah
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Uh oh! 

wandep
by Pam on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:01 AM

aww

mom2aspclboy
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Ouch! Hopefully he learned his lesson. 

I have had two ferrets, both passed from cancer, but I loved them so much; they were such fun.

EbonySnow
by Desiree on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:12 AM

you're right he brought it on himself

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)