Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Never Judge a Book by Its Cover

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 55 Replies

Winter brings the dark so much quicker. By 5 p.m., I feel like it's 10 p.m. So once I put the kids to bed and settle in for the night, there is nothing I like better then to snuggle up on the couch with a good book and a cup of hot tea. Do you know a few people like this on your Holiday shopping list? Here are some ideal gifts for those book lovers on your list.

The Cookbook Lover. I think the perfect gift for someone who loves to cook is a new and exciting cookbook paired with a  cook book stand. The stand guarantees that the book remains free of food splatters while the chef is testing out those new recipes. Why not choose a cookbook that gives back. Made with Love: the Meals on Wheels Family Cookbook is loaded with 100 recipes from celebrities, featuring favorite dishes from chefs like Mario Batali and actresses like Helen Mirren.

The Classic Book Lover.  I stumbled upon Out of Print Clothing when looking for a birthday gift for a friend. I have since purchased several of their t-shirts as gifts. The quality is great and they come super fast, if you need a gift last minute. The products (t-shirts, bags, coasters, e-book covers, and more) feature iconic and often out of print book covers. Out of Print's mission acknowledges that many parts of the world don't have access to books at all. They are working to change that. For each product sold, one book is donated to a community in need through their partner Books for Africa.

The Pet Lover. Pick up Max the Shelter Dog for the book lover who is also a pet lover -it will be the perfect addition to their library. The picture book tells the story of a lonely pit bull named Max who was surrendered by his owner to an animal shelter. For each book sold, a portion of the proceeds goes to raising awareness for pit bulls.

The Banned Book Lover. If your gift recipient enjoys jewelry, she might enjoy a fun necklace or bracelet made of mini book covers.  The I Read Banned Books jewelry features books that have been banned in libraries such as Huck Finn, To Kill A Mockingbird, Color Purple, Howl, Alice in Wonderland, Go Ask Alice and Annie on My Mind. I have this bracelet and I love it. It's a great conversation starter.

The Stressed Out Book Lover. For the book lover on your list who needs a break, buy them a bathtub caddy for books. The perfect way to unwind-relax in the tub with a good book. The Aquala bathtub caddy from Umbra is made of naturally renewable bamboo, an eco-friendly material that does not split or mold, this caddy comes fitted with soap holder, book support, and a wine glass holder for a long and leisurely soak in the tub. I purchased this for my Mom years ago, she uses it weekly and it has held up great!

What are you waiting for? Get out there and spread the joy of reading!

What is your favorite book? And, do you give books or book related items as gifts?

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4kidz916
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:46 AM

I love to read and I love all types of books.  My favorite thing to read on a cold, dreary day is a good romance novel. 

BabyTeki
by Nikki on Dec. 11, 2012 at 8:31 AM
I love to read all kinds of books, but just haven't been able to lately. I've only ever given books to children, none to adults
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I love books about the Amish. Yes, I love giving and receiving books for Christmas time.

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:20 AM

I dont realy have a favorite anymore. I do give each of my kids a new book for Christmas. I just picked up the latest diary of the wimpy kid for my oldest, not sure what my middle son will get yet and my toddler will be getting anything ELMO b/c she is totally obsessed with him.

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I don't really have a favorite book but I do give children's books as gifts all the time.

fraujones
by Amanda on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I love books! It's hard to pick one favorite. Some of the best books I've read are Daughter of the Forest, Anne of Green Gables, The Hunger Games, The Blind Assassin and The Graveyard Book. I have bought books for many friends and family. 

GwenMB
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I love giving books to children as gifts - I often give books I remember loving as a child.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:06 AM

I don't have a favorite book, but I do enjoy giving them as gifts.

arpazia
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:55 AM
I love love love books! Love the oz books(wizard of oz ladies)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Love to read, especially murder mysteries (fiction only).

My 22 yo son is a voracious reader. He enjoys all genres, but likes history and the classics best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)