Group Home

Never Judge a Book by Its Cover

Winter brings the dark so much quicker. By 5 p.m., I feel like it's 10 p.m. So once I put the kids to bed and settle in for the night, there is nothing I like better then to snuggle up on the couch with a good book and a cup of hot tea. Do you know a few people like this on your Holiday shopping list? Here are some ideal gifts for those book lovers on your list.

The Cookbook Lover. I think the perfect gift for someone who loves to cook is a new and exciting cookbook paired with a  cook book stand. The stand guarantees that the book remains free of food splatters while the chef is testing out those new recipes. Why not choose a cookbook that gives back. Made with Love: the Meals on Wheels Family Cookbook is loaded with 100 recipes from celebrities, featuring favorite dishes from chefs like Mario Batali and actresses like Helen Mirren.

The Classic Book Lover.  I stumbled upon Out of Print Clothing when looking for a birthday gift for a friend. I have since purchased several of their t-shirts as gifts. The quality is great and they come super fast, if you need a gift last minute. The products (t-shirts, bags, coasters, e-book covers, and more) feature iconic and often out of print book covers. Out of Print's mission acknowledges that many parts of the world don't have access to books at all. They are working to change that. For each product sold, one book is donated to a community in need through their partner Books for Africa.

The Pet Lover. Pick up Max the Shelter Dog for the book lover who is also a pet lover -it will be the perfect addition to their library. The picture book tells the story of a lonely pit bull named Max who was surrendered by his owner to an animal shelter. For each book sold, a portion of the proceeds goes to raising awareness for pit bulls.

The Banned Book Lover. If your gift recipient enjoys jewelry, she might enjoy a fun necklace or bracelet made of mini book covers.  The I Read Banned Books jewelry features books that have been banned in libraries such as Huck Finn, To Kill A Mockingbird, Color Purple, Howl, Alice in Wonderland, Go Ask Alice and Annie on My Mind. I have this bracelet and I love it. It's a great conversation starter.

The Stressed Out Book Lover. For the book lover on your list who needs a break, buy them a bathtub caddy for books. The perfect way to unwind-relax in the tub with a good book. The Aquala bathtub caddy from Umbra is made of naturally renewable bamboo, an eco-friendly material that does not split or mold, this caddy comes fitted with soap holder, book support, and a wine glass holder for a long and leisurely soak in the tub. I purchased this for my Mom years ago, she uses it weekly and it has held up great!

What are you waiting for? Get out there and spread the joy of reading!

What is your favorite book? And, do you give books or book related items as gifts?

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-55):
KaylaMillar
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:53 PM

my favorite book is my sisters keeper. Way better than the movie

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:33 PM
Books are ALWAYS better than the movie.

Quoting KaylaMillar:

my favorite book is my sisters keeper. Way better than the movie

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Love those!

Quoting countrygirlkat:

My all time favorite books are Little Men and Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Luci on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Favorite book is Porch Lights. I give gift cards to the book store, so they can pick out their favorites.

lasombrs
by Sara on Dec. 25, 2012 at 7:42 PM

i always give my kids books. i dont know if i have an absolute fav book

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690
  7. alf2651
  8. Wish2Be
  9. nngmommy83
  10. momofsixangels
  11. momofnatalie
  12. lyrick24
  13. melliburger
  14. exhaustedmother
  15. wandep
  16. brownhoney21
  17. louannwilkins
  18. lilmama31709
  19. lizzig
  20. Tigress22304
Today's Question Tell us what you think!

Which back to school item(s) do you buy new every year?

Only CafeMom members can vote on polls.
Click here to login or register.