Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Home: Cool ways to corral those holiday cards

Posted by   + Show Post

They come. They invade. They conquer. I'm not talking about your in-laws or your 33 second-cousins-twice removed. I'm talking those holiday cards. The last realm where snail mail reigns supreme. Some folks send just a card, others a photo card to show how the kids have grown, still others send a letter detailing the year's events. No matter what you get from friends and family far and wide, you have to figure out a place for that festive mail. Why not make it part of your décor?

This ribbon-over-a-door is a classic way and I dig how censtaionalgirl.com rigged hers up. Challenge here: to think about how you can do it a little differently - maybe on all of the kitchen cabinets, perhaps with a bevy of thin ribbons, possibly the bathroom door...all you need is some jazzy ribbon. Possibilities are endless, really.

Create a circle of cheer, like this wreath from over at bhg.com. I've said it again and again, a wreath form is a jack-of-all-trades kind of craft option. Wrap it with some ribbon or yarn or whatever and then affix the cards as they arrive. 

Make a line-up of holiday wishes. If you have a banister, it is the perfect place for those cards. Out of the way, yet displayed, the Queen of Home Stuff Martha Stewart includes this idea among the best at marthastewart.com.

Do you send out holiday cards? What do you do with the ones you get?

©iStockphoto.com/ Stacey_Newman 

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
othermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Great ideas. We tape them all on the wall in the hall way

fraujones
by Amanda on Dec. 14, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Pretty. I tape them around a doorframe just like my mom used to. 

deadlights86
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Mine are non existent
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Very cool

onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Cute ideas!

onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 10:10 PM

We send out a few. The ones we get usually get taped to our french doors.

lasombrs
by Sara on Dec. 14, 2012 at 10:21 PM

i always tape them to my door

GwenMB
by Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Pictures get put up & left up for the year. Cards are usually just stacked, but it would be fun to try one of these ideas instead.

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Dec. 14, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I like the ones that you turn into something....ya know recycled cards. I already have a place to hang them.

SammiBaby
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 12:19 AM

I love all the new ways to display cards.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)