The Hostess with the Mostess

By CoffeeTeaOrMoi on Dec. 13, 2012 at 12:00 AM

With the Holidays in full swing, your social calendar is sure to be booking up quick. You have work parties, neighborhood gatherings, and nights filled with entertaining family and friends. All the Holiday partying makes it essential to find fun, unique and thoughtful gifts for hosts and hostesses. I've got some great eco-friendly and/or give back gift ideas. We do a bit of entertaining during the Holidays and I would love receiving these gifts.

Lush's Charity Pots. This is a homerun all around. What host or hostess isn't busy using their hands? Lush's Charity Pots, a hand and body lotion, are made by hand from Fair Trade organic cocoa butter, and every penny that you pay for a pot, excluding the tax, goes to fund and support grassroots charities all around the world. For example, a few of charities include Hug It Forward, which empowers communities to build schools using plastic bottles stuffed with inorganic trash, and Annie's Hope which provides comprehensive support services to children when someone significant dies -you're doing a world of good with every pot you purchase.

The Green Journal. A journal is an awesome, thoughtful gift.  The Green Journal is even more thoughtful because it is made with recycled paper and the covers are also made of recycled leather. Perhaps your host/hostess loves to keep track of what they serve or how they decorate for parties-this is the perfect way for them to keep track. Take it one step further and personalize it with a nice message from you on the first page.

ONEHOPE Wine. This refreshing hostess gift lets everyone at the party toast to helping a good cause. ONEHOPE's wines donate 50 percent of the profits from each bottle sold to a variety of causes. The causes range from curing childhood hunger to fighting AIDs.

The Organic Kitchen Towel. Every host/hostess needs pretty dishtowels whether to throw over their shoulder for wiping their hands or to dry a much needed knife. This year why not buy a set of organic towels for your next party. I'll be honest I have a mini dish towel obsession. I love getting them and there are so many unique options. I promise it will be fun picking the perfect one out for your next party.

Have fun shopping and enjoy your Holiday parties!

What is your favorite host/hostess gift to give?

CoffeeTeaOrMoi About :
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
  • SweetLuci
  • by Luci on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:33 AM
  •  I like taking food gifts. Muffins or banana bread or a breakfast casserole-all for the next morning when they probably won't feel like cooking.

• Quote Reply
  • TheBabyFactory4
  • by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM
  • I've never given a hostess gift before. Other than Christmas gifts. We usually just go to family house and nothing formal. Unless you.consider bringing a dish for the get together a hostess gift
    Posted on CafeMom Mobile
  • Quote Reply
  • GwenMB
  • by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:11 AM
  • I don't normally have the opportunity to give hostess gifts.  Some of these ideas do sound fun, though.

I stay away from food & alcohol since I don't drink alcohol & have food allergies unless I know for sure that the recipient can eat & likes whatever I'm getting.

• Quote Reply
  • meglennox
  • by Member on Dec. 13, 2012 at 10:37 AM
  •  i've never given a host/hostess a gift before, because we really don't go to many parties.  but if the occasion arose, then i would get something that i knew they liked.  :)

• Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: