Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Twice in 6 weeks

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:25 AM
  • 14 Replies

My dd has had strep. She has never really been sick before no flu, ear infection, strep until she started school this year. She just had strep in October and then again this past week. She missed school Friday, Monday and Tuesday because she was ill.

I hope this is not what we have to look forward to for the rest of the winter. 

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:33 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Aww hope she feels better real soon :)

jamsk8mommy1
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM
The parents of other children need to keep them home if they are sick...i bet that's how she got it. Hope she feels better soon. Strep is no fun at all!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM

It's challenging sometimes at school with colds and such....my dd caught a cold about a week out after school started.

momofsixangels
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Poor thing! Have they said anything about her tonsils coming out?

lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:21 PM

i hope she gets better soon and doesnt get it again. my dd used to get it every so often. does she still have her tonsils?

alliesmom112
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:34 PM
No she is 4 and she has never has until the end of October and then again this past week.

Quoting momofsixangels:

Poor thing! Have they said anything about her tonsils coming out?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PoehlerBear1983
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Hope she feels better soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Germs are everywhere. My guess is she'll have a much better time after this winter. After they build up the immunities they don't get sick nearly as often.
alliesmom112
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Yes she does. She has never really been sick before (praise The Lord) never had the flu or strep or even an ear infection. The only thing she has had is a virus from time to time.

She started pre-K this year and has already gotten it twice. I said something to she yesterday about if she kept getting it they would want to take her tonsils out.

Quoting lyrick24:

i hope she gets better soon and doesnt get it again. my dd used to get it every so often. does she still have her tonsils?

ashleymosq
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Omg I know exactly how you feel. My oldest DD has never been sick so much in her life until she started school this year. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)