Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My family loves to eat. Both my husband and I love to cook and invite friends and family over to test out old and new recipes. The Holidays are the perfect time to whip up some delicious meals or bake up some treats to share. If you have food lovers on your list, surprise them with a few of these treats.

Tomato Sauce.  Frankly, this gift is so delicious; you should get it for everyone on your list. Who doesn't love good homemade tomato sauce? Due Cellucci tomato sauces are all-natural, made only from real, whole food, and are hand made in small batches so that every jar tastes like your Grandmother's special recipe. Choose from traditional tomato sauce, vodka sauce and tomato basil sauce. When life gets busy, this sauce is not only the perfect time saver but it makes it easy to put a healthy meal on the table for your family and/or friends.  A portion of the proceeds from each jar of Due Cellucci will go to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.  

Chocolates. A box of chocolates is always a hit. Epiphany Chocolates is dedicated to promoting women in small business and children's health and safety. With flavors such as Oreo Hunk, Party Girl, John Lemon, Queen B and more, there is sure to be the perfect bite for everyone on your list.

Popcorn. I love popcorn drizzled with melted butter. I also eat the entire bag of the caramel popcorn my Nana makes for Christmas-no I don't share it with anyone in my family. If you have a popcorn lover on your list, check out 479°'s Schoolyard Pop. 100 percent of the proceeds go to Urban Sprouts, a non-profit that plants edible gardens in urban public schools.

Olive Oil. Nudo, an olive grove in Italy, allows customers to "adopt" a tree in the grove (you can even pick out which section), and then receive a year's supply of olive oil from the tree you selected. Who doesn't need some quality olive oil, whether for cooking or to dip a crusty piece of Italian bread in?

Micro Greens. Every Holiday meal needs a nice salad to accompany it. Micro Green Kits come in a recycled steel box and contains a soilless growing medium, two full crops of seeds, a bamboo lid, and directions. The recipient of the kit will be sowing, sprouting, growing and harvesting their mini-field of salad in just 7-14 days. The veggie kit includes the following seeds: organic red acre cabbage, organic mini-carrots, and organic Tom Thumb peas.

I'm getting hungry writing this. Have fun shopping for the food lovers on your list and make sure you don't go shopping with an empty stomach.

What's on your wish list this year? Have you come across any new and unique food items while shopping? 

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
cara124
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Oh my food wish for the holiday came early Yah ! .... I love the gold wrapped little hazelnut / chocolate balls ( sorry can never remember their name ) .... And my Parents stop by for dinner last night & gave me a 3lb box of them WhOOO!!!!!

kellynh
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Lol... Love Henry and David's ...yum

jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:24 AM

cookies , cookie and more cookies

jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 11:25 AM

wrapped in wax paper layers

RobynS
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I've just recently started using green tobasco sauce and I LOVE it. Regular tobasco is too spicy for me, but the green is just right AND it's tangy, which I just love!

It's not fancy or exotic, but it's yummy. :)

RobynS
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:06 PM

truffles. nuff said.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Love peppermint bark!

Quoting natesmom1228:

I love peppermint bark. I am hoping there is some into stocking.

alliesmom112
by Sandy on Dec. 21, 2012 at 12:54 PM

chocolate is always on my gift list. =)

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Quoting copperswifey:

I want my keurig coffee maker and that is it. I haven't seen anything really unusal this year as far as good goes :)

My dad got my mom one last month and she loves it!

amyjane22
by Amy on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Those are neat ideas.  

I made homemade chocolate syrup and caramel sauce to give to some with other goodies as a "sundae making basket".  I canned some pasta sauce and put in a colander with some tortelini and alfredo for my brother and his wife.  Other goodies I made/canned to give out: Pear honey, Cinnamon bun popcorn, zucchini bread, biscotti.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)