Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: Crafts for kiddos on winter break

Posted by   + Show Post

Winter break. Words that make kiddos squeal with delightful "Yippee!" ...as moms squeal with woeful "Eye-yai-yai!" The first few days of break are fun, but then the "Mooooom! What can I do NOW?" pleas start to roll in. My kiddo is off from school for two and half weeks...seems crazy, right? What will be crazy is me by the end of that second week. So, I've surfed about to come up with more activities and things to do so she's not just vegged out in front of the TV.

Cool way to keep them busy and teach them the importance of saying "thank you!" for all of those gifts. Cut out letters in those catalogs that have piled up all month to make greetings and sayings, and glue them onto paper. Hey, not only is it a fun activity, it recycles and works on fine motors skills. Score! See some ideas on BHG.com.

Perfect craft for January 1, when everyone may be a bit tired after staying up till midnight to ring in the new year -- make a resolution magnet. Everyone in the family can do one and hang it on the fridge to remind us all year long of goals we make. For how-tos, go to Kaboose.

If you need some last-minute stocking stuffers or little gifts for the cousins that are coming in from Omaha, check out the easy-peasey details at BHG.com to make rock animal paperweights. Plain old rocks and some paint are all you need.

For those little ones who like to help in the kitchen, have them make their own apron. Grab dishtowel and some ribbon and fabric glue and have fun. The folks over at Red Tricycle have more of the step-by-step.

What crafts are you planning for winter break?

ŠiStockphoto.com/ Golovorez

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-43):
mommythree0508
by Corinne on Dec. 21, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Quoting hugss:

Great ideas :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onecuteladybug2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I have an entire dresser full of nothing but craft stuff. We are always trying to do new things to keep DS busy.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 21, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Cool ideas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)