Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Put A Ring On It

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 58 Replies

I am a person who cannot leave the house without wearing some jewelry. Nothing fancy, but I feel completely naked without a few staples. My watch on my left wrist, and a necklace -- be it casual or fancier -- around my neck are the bare minimum of what I don myself with (aside from clothes, natch) before I leave the house. Oh, and the engagement ring/wedding band on my left hand. Of course.

Last Christmas, my husband suprised me and bought me a ring. A ring! He chose sapphires because they "reminded him of my eyes" and it is the prettiest ring that I never knew I wanted.

I have a lot of friends who love to wear big, chunky rings. Before receiving this ring, the only rings I wore were the engagement/weddng ring combo. Now that I have this pretty ring on my right hand (and can't go a day without wearing it), I can see how people love to decorate their fingers.

I've started giving big, fun rings as gifts and suggest that you do as well. Etsy is a good recource, as is any department store, or even little boutiques.

Do you like to wear rings? Do you give rings as gifts?

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
arpazia
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:29 AM
That is gorgeous!
I wear my wedding ring and sometimes a few others, normally it's my Cheshire Cat ring;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:33 AM

The only rings I wear are my engagement and wedding ring. I do not give rings as gifts. I prefer necklaces.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:46 AM

No.  I'm not big on jewelry.  The only thing I wear every day is my watch.

timon95
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:45 AM

i like to wear them occassionally. no, i do not give them as gifts

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Nope I am not a jewelry person

goddess99
by Michelle on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:08 AM

I like to wear rings. I don't give jewelry as gifts.

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I only wear my wedding ring and band....I wish I had more jewelery , but I dont..

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I like rings but I dont wear them to often. 

RobynS
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:07 PM

I don't wear rings a lot (even my wedding ring) because I wash my hands and apply lotion so much--I end up taking them off a lot and I'm afraid I'll lose them, so I don't even bother with them most days.

sukainah
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I don't even wear my wedding ring, so I'm not much of a ring person and don't give them as gifts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)