Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am a person who cannot leave the house without wearing some jewelry. Nothing fancy, but I feel completely naked without a few staples. My watch on my left wrist, and a necklace -- be it casual or fancier -- around my neck are the bare minimum of what I don myself with (aside from clothes, natch) before I leave the house. Oh, and the engagement ring/wedding band on my left hand. Of course.

Last Christmas, my husband suprised me and bought me a ring. A ring! He chose sapphires because they "reminded him of my eyes" and it is the prettiest ring that I never knew I wanted.

I have a lot of friends who love to wear big, chunky rings. Before receiving this ring, the only rings I wore were the engagement/weddng ring combo. Now that I have this pretty ring on my right hand (and can't go a day without wearing it), I can see how people love to decorate their fingers.

I've started giving big, fun rings as gifts and suggest that you do as well. Etsy is a good recource, as is any department store, or even little boutiques.

Do you like to wear rings? Do you give rings as gifts?

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-58):
Wish2Be
by Michelle on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I dont generally give jewelery as a gift...maybe an occasional necklace or bracelete...but it would have to be for a specific person.

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Quoting hugss:

Beautiful!

I love jewelry.
However don't give any as gifts :)

Me too...I never get them as gifts... even when I ask for them.

CafeMom Tickers
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 1:07 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Well too bad on the not getting them when you ask for them :)

Quoting Wish2Be:

Quoting hugss:

Beautiful!

I love jewelry.
However don't give any as gifts :)

Me too...I never get them as gifts... even when I ask for them.

Join us at
Time Out for You

chrissysnow22
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 2:41 AM
I only wear my wedding ring. I am not a jewelry person. My dad used to wear a ring on almost every finger.
amyjane22
by Amy on Dec. 21, 2012 at 4:41 PM

I just wear my wedding band & engagement ring.  I feel uncomfortable wearing jewelry.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I do wear rings. I love them because I can enjoy seeing them. DH has bought me several nice rings over the years. Even took me to Tiffany when we  were visiting New York, to pick out a ring. I don't buy friends rings.

lasombrs
by Sara on Dec. 25, 2012 at 7:33 PM

nope just my wedding band. i dont like jewelry and dont know enough to give it

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Dec. 26, 2012 at 10:38 AM

I do not wear jewelry.I give my kids earrings for Christmas

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN