Group Home

Ring In 2013 with Fabulous Gifts

The Holidays have come to a close but you might still have a few New Year's parties to attend or maybe you want to pick up a little something for yourself that Santa might have forgotten. Start the New Year off right with these give back and/or eco-friendly gifts.

Jewelry to Support a Local Cause. I love changing up an outfit with a piece of jewelry and if I can support a cause at the same time-it's a bonus. Support Hurricane Sandy Relief efforts while supporting a local business, check out Bird on Wire Design.  The sale of  the necklaces designed with waves and the word strong on them directly benefit those affected by Hurricane Sandy. Give them as gifts or buy them for yourself -either way, you can know that you helped someone in need with your purchase! Proceeds go to Restore the Shore Projects and Waves for Waters efforts along the Jersey Shore.

Eco-Friendly House Cleaning. Holiday exhaustion has set in, there have been people in and out of your house for weeks, why not treat yourself or someone you know, to an eco-friendly house cleaning? It's the perfect way to start off a healthy year right. Check out Ecovian.com and type in your city to find eco-friendly cleaners in your area. 

Kauzbots.  Need a couple of unique kids' gifts? Kauzbots robot toys are the perfect plush toy to support causes in a unique way. There are 10 different handcrafted, colorful and lovable Kauzbots robots, each created to inspire kids and adults to change the world. Ten percent of the retail price of robot plush toys and accompanying apparel is donated to the kauz (aka cause) close to the robot's heart. Some causes include: autism, pediatric oral healthcare, homelessness, music for a cure, clean water and more.  

Josie Maran Cosmetics. Need a new lipstick or Argan Oil to make your hair shine while ringing in the New Year? Why not try an organic option that also partners with a cause? Check out Josie Maran Cosmetics. Her line of organic and natural skin, hair and cosmetic products partner with several causes. A portion of sales of Bear Naked Wipes supports the National Resource Defense Council's efforts to save polar bears, and her Argan Oil is manufactured in Morocco at co-ops that employ, educate, and help empower women.

Dear Diary. Need to keep track of all the important milestones in 2013? Love Disney and Minnie Mouse in particular? Then check out Barney's Disney Electric Holiday. The diaries feature a silver embossed silhouette of Minnie MouseĀ®, silver-edged pages, and the diary closes with a Minnie MouseĀ®-shaped silver tone lock and key. An extra key is included, in case of lock outs, and the diaries are available in neon blue, pink and yellow.   Barney's is donating 25 percent of the retail price of the collection items to the American Red Cross.

Headbands. Want to liven up your hair or give a cute chic gift to a friend? Headbands of Hope has a variety of unique adorable headbands. For every headband purchased, one is donated to a girl with cancer and $1 is given to St. Baldrick's Foundation to fund life-saving childhood cancer research.

Remember: you are what you give. Start 2013 off right by giving the best gift you've ever given-all while helping out a great cause.

How are you planning on starting 2013 off right? Are you buying yourself or anyone you know something special?

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Dec. 27, 2012 at 5:00 PM

already have eco friendly cleaners

arpazia
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I don't plan on buying any New Years gifts!

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:24 PM

We are going on a cruise!

KristinRox
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I might buy my dh a little something. I havent really thought about it. 

KristinRox
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:54 PM

So exciting! 

Quoting mrswillie:

We are going on a cruise!

JOIN US ON:

KristinRox
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Pictures? 

Quoting dusky_rose:

No New Year gifts here, but I knitted myself a hat. LOL

JOIN US ON:

Bob192
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I think it is really neat that companies are helping out the needy by donating when someone makes a purchase.

Bob192
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:55 PM

3 of my kids have birthdays coming up in the next few months, so I'm working on getting them something special.

RobynS
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 10:07 PM

New Year's gifts? Never heard of doing that. I like these gift ideas in general, though...

Kmakksmom
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:28 AM

These are great ideas, but no I'm not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. egyptian_mommy
  2. SweetLuci
  3. BeachLifeMama
  4. proudmommy690
  5. Janet
  6. jconney80