• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can your kids keep...

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:02 PM
  • 16 Replies

...holiday secrets? Can they keep a gift a secret or do they spoil the surprise? 

DD is really struggling to keep my gift from DH a secret. I don't want to know! She gave me a clue that I didn't ask for: It's two words. 

Kindle Fire?

woman_laying_down_while_reading_0071-0810-1617-0647_SMU

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.Martinez201
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Dh birthday is today he got his presents Thursday and they told him what it was before he got it open SNITCHES
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ballerina.2006
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:04 PM
My kids can't! So this year we just said things like "so and so sent it here. We'll give it to them next time we see them." Then we stash it away and that generally is enough. I'm surprised my 6.5yo hasn't blabbed to her grandpa what his gift is yet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charizma77
by Carissa on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:09 PM

my oldest 2 are 8 and 6 and good about it and the baby can't talk so far so good...

SarahSuzyQ
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:11 PM

My son is the worst at keeping secrets!

So far, he's told us what he made at preschool to give us as a gift, he told me that he and DH went shopping for a present for me (we don't usually exchange presents), and he told DH that we bought things for his stocking... It's very funny, and usually we can get him shushed up in time.

ashleymosq
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:50 PM

No they are not good at all. Well the 2yr old I am sure wouldn't have a problem, but my oldest is bad about keeping secrets like that lol. When she was 3 or 4 my DH got me a saphire necklace, ear rings, and braclett set. She went with him... When they got home she kept telling me blue. My DH said it was because the slides at the park were blue lol. Well he let me have one of the boxes early and she ran to the tree and got the other where he had hid it lol. 

mom2jessnky
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:53 PM

NOPE!

My youngest was harping at me to let her buy her sister an angry bird stuffie from her Holiday Shoppe at school. I tried to divert with "OH maybe you'll get them for Christmas, maybe someone else sent them" (I did, I bought birds already!)  she wouldn't drop it so today I finally said "I already got you both Angry Birds, they're going in your stocking, don't tell your sister okay?" OKAY!

We get home " MOM I totally know what Bird you bought for sissy and me" in front of her sister.... who's like "WHAT? What Bird!?"

*facepalm*

momofsixangels
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:06 PM

No way.lol.Big mouths

Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Im sure if i told my 4yr old she would tell
bwsmommy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Lol .. i can't trust my boys with any "gift related secrets" !!

dusky_rose
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:00 PM

My youngest son hasn't told me what is in the gift he brought home from school the other day yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)