• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH may not be happy about it, but I don't care..

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:45 PM
  • 73 Replies
8 moms liked this

So on the 20th my DD's school is having Santa come to the school to hand out presents. Well the presents he is handing out are gifts that the parents have to provide. The parent gets something, wraps it, puts the special tag on it, then takes it to the school. Santa comes and hands out the presents. If I had to have done this last year there is a chance that my DD would be one of the kids that Santa didn't have anything for... That would be devastating. This year is completely opposite for us though. I couldn't imagine my kid coming home and being so upset because Santa forgot about them. Sooooo.... I went to the dollar store and got like 6 or 7 things for a girl and 6 or 7 for a boy. Got a few things that were neutral. Took them to the school and told them they are for kids that the parents weren't able to provide a gift. They were just little $4 and $5 things, but I figured that they would be better than being left out. Told them whatever was left to donate.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KRIZZ25
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:47 PM
thats sweet of u..
mom2jessnky
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I think that's great and really in the spirit of the season. :)

Seriously868
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:56 PM
That's sweet......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:01 PM

That is very nice.You made some kids very happy.

AstuteMama
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:02 PM

That was very nice of you to do.

momofsixangels
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Thats was so nice of you to do!

bloomsr
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:05 PM
4 moms liked this
That is very nice but I think it's super weird that they allow something like this at a school...
skyelyns_mommie
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:08 PM

I think it was sweet of you :)

ashleymosq
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:15 PM

How come? None of it was wrapped and none of the packaging was damaged. None of it was any kind of toy weapons. I dropped off my DD's Santa present, talked to the lady at the office about it, and then ran to the Dollar Store. Everything was still in the bags from buying them. 

Quoting bloomsr:

That is very nice but I think it's super weird that they allow something like this at a school...

Mami2oneboy
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:20 PM
That's nice, why isn't your husband happy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)