Smarter Living: Last-minute gift ideas

Posted by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 27 Replies

Okay, I'm doing it. I'm going to ask the following five words some of you may be dreading. Ready? Okay, here it goes:

Are you done shopping yet?

For those that said yes, good for you, high-fives all around, yippeeskippy and all that. For those that said no, well, do not fret! I've got a few fun gifts any folks would be sure to love you can do right now. Really. No, really.

Pick a start, any star - Give a star! The Online Star Registry lets you pick and name a star in your giftee's honor. Print out a little certificate and then go grab a telescope at the mall this weekend to be able to keep tabs on it in the sky.

Pick an animal, any animal - Give an animal and help a family in a less fortunate area sustain their farm with the help of the folks at Heifer.org. Think a sheep, a bunch of chicks, a goat. Or help keep a species going strong by adopting a dolphin or a whale at the Oceanic Society or adopt a tiger or penguin or a bunch of other animals at the World Wildlife Fund.

Pick a club, any club - Give a gift that keeps giving all year long with one of the Gift of the Month clubs. Greatclubs.com has a gazillion to choose from: think chocolate, cigars, beer, flowers, coffee, you name what your person loves, I will bet they have it. Who doesn't want a fun delivery every month?

What do you have left to buy? Have you ever gotten an gift of the month club kind of thing?

ŠiStockphoto.com/Ever 

by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aubsmom09
by Erin on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Nothing left to buy here.  We have already begun exchanging gifts with our family members. 

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:31 AM

We have a few gifts left, mostly plants..lol...And no I have never given or recieved a gift of the month before. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:10 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:32 AM
We're all finished here ;)
Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:38 AM
Done now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlecolton07
by Rebecca on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I'm done :)

Mami2oneboy
by Gold Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:40 AM
I'm done finally!! Finished today
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Dec. 24, 2012 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Only had enough in budget to get my son a small gift so I'm done
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Those are neat !! I love the star one !

bether89
by Ruby Member on Dec. 24, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I finished shopping last weekend.  We received fruit in the mail for 3 or 4 months a few years ago.

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Not really finished, but out of $$$. But it's not about the gifts anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: