Smarter Living: Last-minute gift ideas

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay, I'm doing it. I'm going to ask the following five words some of you may be dreading. Ready? Okay, here it goes:

Are you done shopping yet?

For those that said yes, good for you, high-fives all around, yippeeskippy and all that. For those that said no, well, do not fret! I've got a few fun gifts any folks would be sure to love you can do right now. Really. No, really.

Pick a start, any star - Give a star! The Online Star Registry lets you pick and name a star in your giftee's honor. Print out a little certificate and then go grab a telescope at the mall this weekend to be able to keep tabs on it in the sky.

Pick an animal, any animal - Give an animal and help a family in a less fortunate area sustain their farm with the help of the folks at Heifer.org. Think a sheep, a bunch of chicks, a goat. Or help keep a species going strong by adopting a dolphin or a whale at the Oceanic Society or adopt a tiger or penguin or a bunch of other animals at the World Wildlife Fund.

Pick a club, any club - Give a gift that keeps giving all year long with one of the Gift of the Month clubs. Greatclubs.com has a gazillion to choose from: think chocolate, cigars, beer, flowers, coffee, you name what your person loves, I will bet they have it. Who doesn't want a fun delivery every month?

What do you have left to buy? Have you ever gotten an gift of the month club kind of thing?

ŠiStockphoto.com/Ever 

by on Dec. 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-27):
lasombrs
by Sara on Dec. 26, 2012 at 9:24 PM

i have never gotten those things but was done already this year

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Quoting lasombrs:

i have never gotten those things but was done already this year

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 11:10 PM
I'm buying stuff for next year already lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:13 AM
I would really like to give from Heifer project or something similar... Wish I could get my family into this.
ethans_momma06
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 2:59 PM

We got everything we needed!

EbonySnow
by Desiree on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I'm actually glad the whole thing is over

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Yes Harry and David  fruit of the month and it was great

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Today's Question Tell us what you think!

What is your family's favorite springtime activity?