Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: What to wear while shopping the sales

Posted by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 37 Replies

The wrapping paper is in a huge pile, the area under that tree is looking bare...and you are either a) watching your kids play with those toys, b) popping something for that headache the sound from said toys are making or c) thinking about heading to the mall to hit after Christmas sales. (Or perhaps you are doing all of the above?)

Whether you head to the stores to return that bright purple sweater that (ahem) just doesn't fit or you want to use that gift card to get some new things, shopping is a marathon sport when you have the after-holiday sale masses to contend with...so why not make it a little easier by selecting a good shopping wardrobe.

-- Don slip-on shoes. Maximize time by skipping the lace-up tennis shoes. Wear those slip-on comfy shoes or boots.

-- Wear things you will be matching. Are you hunting for everyday sweaters? Then wear that pair of jeans you will most likely be wearing with them. Need a cardigan? Be sure to have on a shirt you may layer with it. This will prevent some poor buys due to not working with the items you already have.

-- Keep the coats in the car. If you can, avoid wearing those big coats - just adds to the things you will need to carry from store to store.

-- Leave jewelry at home. Dangling hoop earrings, long chains, bracelets - all may come flying off or get caught as you pull clothes on and off.

Are you headed to the mall for after-Christmas sales? What are you buying (and wearing)?

ŠiStockphoto.com/AnnKozar 

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dusky_rose
by Sue on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Actually I got a giftcard to Kmart, so I'll probably go shopping there soon.

JerseyGirl511
by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Got a Walmart gift card but not sure what I'll be getting with it yet.

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I wear sneakers when hitting the mall since all my other shoes arent really rain proof.   I am not hitting the mall though until new years eve day.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 12:34 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:45 AM

No idea what I am wearing,
Jeans for sure, LOL
Yes I hope to get to the mall for some good deals :)

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Dec. 26, 2012 at 7:43 AM
Way too cold to leave coats in the car unless I can get a good parking spot! Sigh...

I might hit Walmart, just to pick up some new containers for my Christmas candy. Oh, and I need to return a Lego set of which my son got duplicate. But I'll probably avoid most of the shopping madness.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Dec. 26, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Lol funny! I'm stuck in. Not only am I working but we are getting a good amount of snow
momma-flynn
by Greta on Dec. 26, 2012 at 7:50 AM
No shopping today. We got a few gift cards but will probably wait until next weekend.
April620
by Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Hubby works til 3 today so I'm sure baby and I will go out shopping at some point
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Dec. 26, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Nope but if I was I would wear shorts,shirt and flip flops

ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Dec. 26, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Oh no....I'm not headed anywhere. I'll be home enjoying the peace.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)