Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: What to wear while shopping the sales

Posted by   + Show Post

The wrapping paper is in a huge pile, the area under that tree is looking bare...and you are either a) watching your kids play with those toys, b) popping something for that headache the sound from said toys are making or c) thinking about heading to the mall to hit after Christmas sales. (Or perhaps you are doing all of the above?)

Whether you head to the stores to return that bright purple sweater that (ahem) just doesn't fit or you want to use that gift card to get some new things, shopping is a marathon sport when you have the after-holiday sale masses to contend with...so why not make it a little easier by selecting a good shopping wardrobe.

-- Don slip-on shoes. Maximize time by skipping the lace-up tennis shoes. Wear those slip-on comfy shoes or boots.

-- Wear things you will be matching. Are you hunting for everyday sweaters? Then wear that pair of jeans you will most likely be wearing with them. Need a cardigan? Be sure to have on a shirt you may layer with it. This will prevent some poor buys due to not working with the items you already have.

-- Keep the coats in the car. If you can, avoid wearing those big coats - just adds to the things you will need to carry from store to store.

-- Leave jewelry at home. Dangling hoop earrings, long chains, bracelets - all may come flying off or get caught as you pull clothes on and off.

Are you headed to the mall for after-Christmas sales? What are you buying (and wearing)?

ŠiStockphoto.com/AnnKozar 

by on Dec. 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-37):
LifeCafe42
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Great tips I usually go on my lunch or still in scrubs from work I don't live near stores on the weekend
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:35 AM
I shopped! :) Wore comfy clothes and cute boots.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
black.eyeliner
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 9:49 AM

When I go shopping I wear yoga pants, black zip up boots, a tank top, and a warmer top over it. I may grab a sweater for warmth. The sweater I can shove in a shopping bag if need be. I can shed layers if need be because some stores are warmer than others especially with lots of people in them.

ethans_momma06
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 3:08 PM

We are not going out

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Dec. 27, 2012 at 4:57 PM

have not gone out yet but i want to lol

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:13 AM

No, not heading to any mall anytime soon. Heading to work with my husband instead..And usually my hair is in the ponytail, sweatshirt,workout pants (dh loves them on me) and my tennis shoes, with a bit of eyeliner and my coffee mug. Away we go. 

EbonySnow
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:36 AM

my hubby has been out of work with an injury so we don't the money to do any shopping

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN