Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Mom: When is your chill-out time?

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 136 Replies

Look around. Are they are all busy? Maybe napping, possibly playing on the new iPad mini, perhaps reading a text from a buddy. Tiptoe if you must. Go...go now...yes, I'm talking about you escaping for a much-needed mom chill-out time.

You know of this, don't you? Those times -- could be little as 10 minutes, as long as an hour - when you get to take a break. You could nap, play Angry Birds, read, write a poem, go for a run, or just sit there. That is the beauty of mom chill-out time. It is whatever you want it to be.

All of us need to take time for ourselves. Last week, over on the Mad Life hub, there was lots of talk about how tired we are. Sometimes, taking a break, which may seem counterproductive when you feel like you have every minute accounted for, is exactly what you need to do.

I am not good at taking time for myself. Me? I'd love to take an afternoon and go to the movies. By myself. See something totally mindless. Or go take a dance class. Or a long walk...can't remember the last time I did that. Hmm, resolution time is coming up. I know what will be on the top of my list.

Do you take a chill-out time? What do you like to do?

ŠiStockphoto.com/PeskeyMonkey 

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:08 AM
2 moms liked this

I most certainly do,
Relax, read & play on the computer :)

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 27, 2012 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this

My lunch break i go for a walk

flowerfunleah
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 1:16 AM
3 moms liked this

Yeah! I use reeallly long hot showers or baths as my mommy time.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 2:36 AM

15 minutes before I go to sleep

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2012 at 6:35 AM
3 moms liked this

My chill out time is first thing in the morning. I like to drink my first cup of coffee and putz around on the computer.

momma-flynn
by Greta on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:00 AM
On days off of work its the mornings before dd wakes up
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LuvUSoMuch
by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:19 AM
3 moms liked this

I wake up earlier than everyone else so I can enjoy coffee and computer time. drinking

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Dec. 27, 2012 at 7:57 AM
3 moms liked this
This. Like right now.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

My chill out time is first thing in the morning. I like to drink my first cup of coffee and putz around on the computer.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this
CM is a definite part of chill-out time for me. It's nice because you can make use of just ten minutes on the computer. I also love reading on my Nook, but I usually want 20-30 minutes for that...
SweetLuci
by Luci on Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Usually go walk on the beach, then just sit there watching the waves with a book on my lap that I brought to read! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)