Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gift cards

Posted by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:29 AM
  • 28 Replies
I got 3 gift cards from relatives in the mail for DS (he's 2) they all say pick him out something fun to open! So back out shopping I go (fun)
Do you give your kids the gift cards or do you do the shopping and wrap up the stuff for them to open?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:35 AM

I do the shopping for them. They are 5 and 2, so they wouldn't really know what they could get with the card. I am sure my 5yr old would be able to if I explained it, but I know what she likes so. I would just show her the choices she has to pick from and let her pick something out.

mom2jessnky
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:40 AM

My parents just sent me an Amazon Gift Card for Christmas, I guess I'm shopping this morning!

aubsmom09
by Erin on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:42 AM

We usually just get cash from grandparents, etc.  I just put it into her college fund since she isn't quite 3 yet.  I assume as she gets bigger we will let her spend a portion of it and save the rest.

lillucky8
by Jen on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:43 AM
I let them come shopping and help choose. Mind you my kids are two and five months so the help is limited lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:03 AM

at that age i'd buy something for them but being that he is so young i'd wait till after christmas, pick up stuff on sale & give him some after christmas gifts.  he won't know the difference, for him it's just more holiday fun.  for my kids, 5 & 9, i'd give them the gift cards & let them go shopping after christmas to get something they want.

smurfy88
by Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:04 AM
I let my daughter pick, her gift card her choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:43 AM

cash goes into savings.  Gift cards I will go and buy things, sometimes toys or fun stuff other times necessities.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:17 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:45 AM

We do both,
when they get gc's they pick out their own stuff ;)

Join us at
Time Out for You

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:51 AM

We do not give them gift cards yet. They are to little for that.

mom2aspclboy
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:55 AM

DS is 17 and would prefer to do his own shopping, so he uses his gift cards himself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)