Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you say Merry "CHRISTmas" or happy holidays?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Merry "CHRISTmas" or happy holidays?

Options:

We say Merry Christmas

We say Happy Holidays

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 52

View Results

nativity or sleigh

by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 9:55 AM
Replies (41-50):
mamivon2
by Sandra on Dec. 23, 2012 at 9:35 PM

both.. I mean if I see a person and I know they are muslims I say Happy Holidays.. you know.. common sense

LoveMyBoyK
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 9:41 PM
How DARE business owners demand Respect be Shown To ALL Customers, Not Just Christians. NAZIS INDEED!! *smdfh*

Quoting ZsMommy:

Well-let's see...

When I worked retail and before it became "politically required" I would say "Happy Holidays" just to cover all.

Then the Christmas Nazi's made a huge stink of wishing anyone a "Merry Christmas" and any show of Christmas spirit...In retaliation I have gone back to Merry Christmas unless it's blatently obvious someone does not celebrate or hold interest in this time of year.

Crazy-yes-but meh- MERRY CHRISTMAS/Happy Holidays/Whatever you celebrate/don't celebrate-Enjoy!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Dec. 23, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Merry Christmas

ZsMommy
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 10:20 PM

I think you missed my point-had nothing to do with business owners-In fact no business owner ever told anyone they were required to use 'Happy Holidays".Just talking bout the whole insane "war on Christmas"

Sorry if you're offended if I wish you a Merry Christmas.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

How DARE business owners demand Respect be Shown To ALL Customers, Not Just Christians. NAZIS INDEED!! *smdfh*

Quoting ZsMommy:

Well-let's see...

When I worked retail and before it became "politically required" I would say "Happy Holidays" just to cover all.

Then the Christmas Nazi's made a huge stink of wishing anyone a "Merry Christmas" and any show of Christmas spirit...In retaliation I have gone back to Merry Christmas unless it's blatently obvious someone does not celebrate or hold interest in this time of year.

Crazy-yes-but meh- MERRY CHRISTMAS/Happy Holidays/Whatever you celebrate/don't celebrate-Enjoy!

LoveMyBoyK
by Bronze Member on Dec. 23, 2012 at 10:30 PM
There is no war on Christmas. I am not offended by people wishing me a Merry Christmas as long as they are sincere and not being deliberate bitches.

Quoting ZsMommy:

I think you missed my point-had nothing to do with business owners-In fact no business owner ever told anyone they were required to use 'Happy Holidays".Just talking bout the whole insane "war on Christmas"

Sorry if you're offended if I wish you a Merry Christmas.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting ZsMommy:

Well-let's see...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisUsmcWifey
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I'm atheist and I still say Merry Christmas. It doesn't bother me if other say it to me either.

DolphinFan85
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 10:58 PM

neither...when we say it, it comes out more like "merry chrismas" we dont pronounce the "t"

Ladyisis
Merry Christmas to all my family and friends!!!
Today at 10:02 PM
by Jenn on Dec. 23, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I say Merry Christmas, but sometimes say Happy Holidays especially to the people I know don't celebrate Christmas.

Nicolle_09
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Blessed Holidays or Happy Holidays, I am not Christian 

squeekers
by on Dec. 23, 2012 at 11:58 PM

I'm a Humanist.
Question everything, except your Mother.
SAHM of one teen DD. Married since 1989.
Awarenesses I follow: Epilepsy, Depression, Down Syndrome.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN