Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: My closet revamp-redo resolution

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 56 Replies
1 mom liked this

I, Heather, hereby decree my Closet Revamp-Redo Resolution. I promise, during the 12 months of 2013, to do the following:

1. Toss (or Donate) the Unused. All of those sweaters I haven't worn since 2010, the five t-shirts and three leggings that I have kept to work out in (ha!), the two LBDs that I have never ever worn because I bought them...but then decided I really didn't like them...and forgot to take them back? They are all taking up precious space.

2. Repeat number 1 at least every three months or when the temperature changes.

3. Find a closet organizational system that works. Color-coding, seasonal, by type of item -- I will think about and see what works and what doesn't. If it isn't working, I will redo the system ASAP...and not wait for the next decade to come along.

4. Buy wardrobe items that I like, when I see them. This is to combat the slow closet takeover by "worn-only once, didn't really like, don't match anything" items that are often bought when I am rushed to get something for that party or a certain occasion.

5. Figure out my style. This will help bigtime with achieving number 4 and number 1. How I will do this exactly will be tackled in another post. 

Does your closet need your attention in 2013?  How so...or are you super-organized in that area already? Are you working on finding your style -- or have you found it?

ŠiStockphoto.com/KateLeigh

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Definitely needs attention
Needs to be weeded out with all the clthes I don't wear ::sigh::
It's on my list to  do :)

Rushn311
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:03 AM

It needs to be revamped again

mom2jessnky
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:19 AM

A couple of my closets need some major attention... I'm going to tackle them once the kids go back to school.

BeachMommy07
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Wonderful article-yes my closet needs a makeover (:

inmybizz
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope. I revamped mine in 2012. So far so good. 

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:48 AM
I'm not worried about organization, but I do need to weed through all my clothes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Juniper53098
by June on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I need to clean out T-shirts, but otherwise my closet is good.  We put up an organizer a few years ago and so the clothes stay well organized.  BUT, the floor is another matter.  I periodically organize my shoes, but my DD LOVES to go through them and mess them up.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:13 AM
I got mine in pretty good shape in September. I'm very good at organization but it was getting money to buy all the containers for a very large closet. It was my birthday present to myself.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by CeeCee on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:18 AM
I clean mine at least twice a year
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband just got me an entire new wardrobe (all because my Christmas gifts didn't arrive on time, lol). Did my closet need to be revamped... No.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN