I, Heather, hereby decree my Closet Revamp-Redo Resolution. I promise, during the 12 months of 2013, to do the following:
1. Toss (or Donate) the Unused. All of those sweaters I haven't worn since 2010, the five t-shirts and three leggings that I have kept to work out in (ha!), the two LBDs that I have never ever worn because I bought them...but then decided I really didn't like them...and forgot to take them back? They are all taking up precious space.
2. Repeat number 1 at least every three months or when the temperature changes.
3. Find a closet organizational system that works. Color-coding, seasonal, by type of item -- I will think about and see what works and what doesn't. If it isn't working, I will redo the system ASAP...and not wait for the next decade to come along.
4. Buy wardrobe items that I like, when I see them. This is to combat the slow closet takeover by "worn-only once, didn't really like, don't match anything" items that are often bought when I am rushed to get something for that party or a certain occasion.
5. Figure out my style. This will help bigtime with achieving number 4 and number 1. How I will do this exactly will be tackled in another post.
Does your closet need your attention in 2013? How so...or are you super-organized in that area already? Are you working on finding your style -- or have you found it?