Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: My closet revamp-redo resolution

Posted by   + Show Post

I, Heather, hereby decree my Closet Revamp-Redo Resolution. I promise, during the 12 months of 2013, to do the following:

1. Toss (or Donate) the Unused. All of those sweaters I haven't worn since 2010, the five t-shirts and three leggings that I have kept to work out in (ha!), the two LBDs that I have never ever worn because I bought them...but then decided I really didn't like them...and forgot to take them back? They are all taking up precious space.

2. Repeat number 1 at least every three months or when the temperature changes.

3. Find a closet organizational system that works. Color-coding, seasonal, by type of item -- I will think about and see what works and what doesn't. If it isn't working, I will redo the system ASAP...and not wait for the next decade to come along.

4. Buy wardrobe items that I like, when I see them. This is to combat the slow closet takeover by "worn-only once, didn't really like, don't match anything" items that are often bought when I am rushed to get something for that party or a certain occasion.

5. Figure out my style. This will help bigtime with achieving number 4 and number 1. How I will do this exactly will be tackled in another post. 

Does your closet need your attention in 2013?  How so...or are you super-organized in that area already? Are you working on finding your style -- or have you found it?

ŠiStockphoto.com/KateLeigh

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-56):
charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:07 AM

My kids' closet are very organized right now.

mommythree0508
by Corinne on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:31 AM
I clean mine out pretty regularly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Yes my closets need to be cleaned

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:05 PM

It needs a lot of attention!

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
This, but its at the bottom of my list always. I always tell myself I'll do it later...and never do!

Quoting hugss:

Definitely needs attention
Needs to be weeded out with all the clthes I don't wear ::sigh::
It's on my list to  do :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM
I'm getting there, the kids good great, but mine not so much! lol

Quoting charlene_kyle:

My kids' closet are very organized right now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)