Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

As we can probably all agree, the element of surprise is one of the greatest feelings. When I think of a surprise, I immediately think, "What can I give that someone special," or, "What can I make that someone special?" In some circumstances, we even think of a surprise visit for that someone special. Those things all tend to be predetermined and maybe even somewhat planned. For example, you most likely know that you will be getting a present from you mom, husband, child, etc. You probably think you know what it is, and expect there may be one or two surprises. However, why not think outside the box a little?

As we can probably all agree, the element of surprise is one of the greatest feelings. When I think of a surprise, I immediately think, "What can I give that someone special," or, "What can I make that someone special?" In some circumstances, we even think of a surprise visit for that someone special. Those things all tend to be predetermined and maybe even somewhat planned. For example, you most likely know that you will be getting a present from you mom, husband, child, etc. You probably think you know what it is, and expect there may be one or two surprises. However, why not think outside the box a little?
'Tis the season, right? Why not think of a completely new way to surprise someone, someone you may not know, in an unexpected place, and maybe even not necessarily at Christmas time.
Today, when I was dropping my son off at school, I decided to treat myself to a pumpkin coffee at Dunkin Donuts, yum! I love coffee, and I love the pumpkin coffee this time of year! When I was in the drive-thru line, I had an idea. Why not pay for the person behind me? I have no idea who they are, they don't know me, and I will most likely never see them again, but what greater surprise! This would most likely be the biggest shock to them, and maybe they will do the same for a stranger someday as well. Spreading positive feelings, kind hearts, and giving, that is what the season is about! If you don't drink coffee, maybe buying the person behind you their soda at the gas station, or paying for a tip at the table next to you in a restaurant.  Of course, if it makes you feel more comfortable, make sure you know just what they ordered, that way you don't end up buying 50 dollars worth of coffee!
This random act of kindness is a new level of surprising someone. As you drive away, look out of your rear view mirror.  Notice the smile on their face, and that will make it all worthwhile.
Is this something you have ever done, or thought of doing?

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-52):
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2013 at 8:58 AM
I love paying it forward!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 12:10 AM
I have received coffee at starbucks this way before pretty awesome and made my day!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN