Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cut up those credit cards

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:03 PM
  • 33 Replies

I'm seriously considering cutting up all my credit cards, to avoid using them. Most I don't use anyway but I do have 3 that get used pretty regularly and are usually paid off each month, but I want to avoid using them all together, except for online purchases.

Have you ever cut up a credit card to avoid using it?

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mami2oneboy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:04 PM
No I don't own a credit card, I'm terrified of them lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:04 PM

We do not have any credit cards. We learned our lesson the very hard way. We are considering getting one for like $500 just for things like car repairs and etc. But we def know better this time. If I were you I would have one or two and get rid of the rest. Especially store credit cards, those are awful!

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Yep.Only have a debit card..Can't use it if the money isnt in the bank.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:27 PM
We paid ours off a few years ago. We still use it and pay it off every month. We made 400 towards Christmas this year with points.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommaFruFru
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:42 PM

we havent owned a credit card in over 7 years.. or a bank account.

Fields456
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:44 PM
We don't have any I do want to get one for emergencies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yayay15
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM
We have I e for emergency and then kohls, amazon and Walmart. I pay them off after I use them. I use Walmart for discount on gas, amazon for gifts and books and stuff I want and kohls for the 30%. I only use them if I have the cash to pay it off right away. I do not ever use savings for stuff like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luvmybooskies
by Tiff on Dec. 28, 2012 at 12:59 PM

We only use our credit card when absolutely necessary. Our old house had oil and we usually  put that bill on our CC because we just didn't have the "X" amount of dollars to write a check and still be able to pay our other bills. Years ago when our dog got hurt and needed stitches we had to use the CC for that as well.  I don't think we have even used it in almost a year (our last oil bill) and it's a great feeling. We should be able to pay it off when  income taxes come around. Hopefully nothing comes up between now and then!

ethans_momma06
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I say go for it. Keep one for emergencies in a frozen block of ice.

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Yeah. I did. I cut it up. And I couldn't figure out how to cancel it.....it took me about 4 days to order a new card....haha. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN