Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats something way overrated?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Replies (41-50):
mom2jessnky
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:32 AM

ITA, my kids are both lactose intolerant. Soy milk is the only cow milk alternative that actually has protein in it, SOOOOO not overrated.

Quoting tayanddyl:

Not for those who can't digest dairy or have a dairy allergy

Quoting Apr1l:

Soy milk

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:34 AM
4 moms liked this

Channing Tatum

mom2jessnky
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I disagree on Starbucks... their coffee tastes better (I brew it at home).

Kona Coffee is SUPER overrated...it's good but it's not $50/lb good. (and I'm a major coffee wh*re so if I say it's overrated, it is).

Lobster, again, it's good, but it's not THAT good.

50 Shades of Grey, it's poorly written slightly adapted Twilight FanFic. That right there should have scared everyone away. I watched the video of Gilbert Godfrey reading it, it's supposed to be funny but all I could focus on was how terrible the writing was.

Apple, totally overrated, and their phones have been ripping off Android ("New" things on the iPhone 5, Droids have had for years).

Dressing like an adult.

Laptop computers, I've killed 4 so my opinion probably springs from that.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:39 AM

too many things to list! ;o)

momiofcristina
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Dislike dislike dislike
He's us soooooo not overrated

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Channing Tatum

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:48 AM

LOL

Quoting momiofcristina:

Dislike dislike dislike
He's us soooooo not overrated

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Channing Tatum

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:49 AM

The movie Ted.  It was funny but so glad I didn't go to the theater to see it!

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:52 AM

i do agree with the taste of kona, i've had real 100% kona & while it is good it isn't the greatest bean i've had.   but it's not the taste that makes it so pricey, it's the fact that it's only grown in one region of hawaii, a small 20mile by 2mile rocky strip of land that can only be farmed by hand.  making it a limited crop.  labor costs in hawaii are high adding to the high cost of the coffee.  most of what people think of as kona is actually a blend with retailers charging more for the blend simple because it has a few kona beans in it(usually no more than 15%). 

i used to manage a coffee shop that roasted their own beans & we'd get green kona beans directly from one family in hawaii & i became well versed in why it was so pricey since we got asked the questions often! ;o)

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Kona Coffee is SUPER overrated...it's good but it's not $50/lb good. (and I'm a major coffee wh*re so if I say it's overrated, it is).

50 Shades of Grey, it's poorly written slightly adapted Twilight FanFic. That right there should have scared everyone away. I watched the video of Gilbert Godfrey reading it, it's supposed to be funny but all I could focus on was how terrible the writing was.

Apple, totally overrated, and their phones have been ripping off Android ("New" things on the iPhone 5, Droids have had for years).

Dressing like an adult.

mom2jessnky
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Oh I understand why it's so darn expensive (used to manage a coffee shop) I'm just saying it tastes like coffee. Good coffee, to be fair, but it's not magical or amazing. Nothing that made me go 'oh yes this is worth the cost' and I've had those coffees believe me...

You want an amazing coffee? Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Viennese Blend. OMG. And a pound of that is only $14. It is seriously the most amazing coffee I've ever had. It's the only coffee I will drink black because I don't want cream screwing it up.

Quoting lizzig:

i do agree with the taste of kona, i've had real 100% kona & while it is good it isn't the greatest bean i've had.   but it's not the taste that makes it so pricey, it's the fact that it's only grown in one region of hawaii, a small 20mile by 2mile rocky strip of land that can only be farmed by hand.  making it a limited crop.  labor costs in hawaii are high adding to the high cost of the coffee.  most of what people think of as kona is actually a blend with retailers charging more for the blend simple because it has a few kona beans in it(usually no more than 15%). 

i used to manage a coffee shop that roasted their own beans & we'd get green kona beans directly from one family in hawaii & i became well versed in why it was so pricey since we got asked the questions often! ;o)

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Dressing like an adult.

Threes.Company
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Most chain restaurants

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)