Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

day by day

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:29 PM
  • 26 Replies

week by week or spur of the moment

how do you decide what to make for meals?  do you plan out menus daily, weekly?  do you just fly by the moment with what you have at hand & are in the mood for?

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:30 PM

i decide by the day.

VonMarieD
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:32 PM

It's more of a day by day kind of thing for me. BUT, I have been wanting to do it week by week. I haven't gotten there yet.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:32 PM

i've tried to plan out menus but it just never works for us.  i know in theory it should make things a bit easier for me but in practicality it doesn't seem to be so.  while i can do a daily menu from time to time more often than not we're an "at the moment" kinda house.

mom2aspclboy
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I do a combo of things, depending on how busy I am or plan to be. I am a big fan of freezer cooking, so there is always something I can pull out in a pinch or plan to have if I know I'm not going to have time to cook something fresh. My preference, though, is to plan my meals by the week, but life doesn't always allow me to do that, so I just go with the flow.

mammapav
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I plan my meals by the week using ads and what I have in the house.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Day by day

LifeCafe42
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:05 PM
Combo of both I buy an array of stuff so I can mix it up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I plan out 2 weeks at a time. But I don't normally plan what we're having on a specific day.

Unless I'm making Honey Lime Enchiladas since I have to cook, shred and marinate the chicken 24 hours before I make that  I have to plan that one a bit.

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:04 PM

What ever i'm in the mood for or the kids ask for.

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:38 PM

A little bit of week by week and daily.  Sometimes I just won't be in the mood for what I've put on the menu so, I look at what we have and wing it on occasion.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)