I've just realized something! *epic-ness inside*

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:53 PM
  • 38 Replies

Due mostly to high anxiety and paranoia (of both I should get a gold medal in) I've realized that the underneath of all my kitchen cupboards and bathroom cupboards are chemical free! 

It's true!

All that you see under there is vinegar (we'll never run out, it's so damn cheap! I hope the cleaning companies don't catch on and raise the prices when we all jump off that impending cliff!), hydrogen peroxide, and a number of different essetial oils (they last forever and I buy them in droves) and castille soaps! There's also a bunch of spray bottles that I've meticulously arranged by sprayer color because I can't find my sharpie (of which I also buy in droves and still manage to lose every damn one). 

So yay! Yay for natural cleaning products! Yay for my wallet that is still somehow empty. But yay for the gift card I got for coffee so it doesn't matter! 

It's a good day :-D

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I am working toward that goal!

othermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Thats cool

lasombrs
by Sara on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:26 PM

lol awesome we are working on it

bebe_ju-rah
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:27 PM
Awesome! Where do you get the oils? And do you mind sharing a recipe I could use to mop hardwood and tile floors? DH says I can't use vinegar BC it will eat away at the grout sealer. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Dec. 30, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I really need to do this

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:11 PM
I only use vinegar, dish soap, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide to clean now love it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Dec. 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Awesome!  I need to work on this!

flowerfunleah
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Absolutely! What kind of hardwood are your floors?

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Awesome! Where do you get the oils? And do you mind sharing a recipe I could use to mop hardwood and tile floors? DH says I can't use vinegar BC it will eat away at the grout sealer. :(

flowerfunleah
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:08 PM

So do I! I also love the peace of mind it gives me when it comes to my toddler.

Quoting LifeCafe42:

I only use vinegar, dish soap, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide to clean now love it

flowerfunleah
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Its been a few months but it was easier than I thought it would be! And the only reason it took a few months was to build up my supply of essential oils and castille soaps since they're a bit pricey. 

The big realization for me was when I used this window cleaner chemical foam stuff and it dripped onto the window mantle and I caught my toddler abouts ready to chew on it! I freaked out that day and just threw out all the cleaners whether or not they were full. Sure, it was a waste of money, but my toddlers health was more important to me. 

Imagine all the chemical cleaners being used on our everyday things such as toys, the entertainment center, the counters and our toddlers high chairs that they eat off of! They're ingesting that stuff! Sure it's just a trace amount but still! Over time? What if that is contributing to future illnesses and we aren't even realizing it?

Of course that could be my paranoia rearing its ugly head but i'd rather not take the risk.

Quoting momofsixangels:

I really need to do this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: