I've just realized something! *epic-ness inside*

Posted by   + Show Post

Due mostly to high anxiety and paranoia (of both I should get a gold medal in) I've realized that the underneath of all my kitchen cupboards and bathroom cupboards are chemical free! 

It's true!

All that you see under there is vinegar (we'll never run out, it's so damn cheap! I hope the cleaning companies don't catch on and raise the prices when we all jump off that impending cliff!), hydrogen peroxide, and a number of different essetial oils (they last forever and I buy them in droves) and castille soaps! There's also a bunch of spray bottles that I've meticulously arranged by sprayer color because I can't find my sharpie (of which I also buy in droves and still manage to lose every damn one). 

So yay! Yay for natural cleaning products! Yay for my wallet that is still somehow empty. But yay for the gift card I got for coffee so it doesn't matter! 

It's a good day :-D

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Replies (31-38):
EbonySnow
by Desiree on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:54 AM

thats awesome good job

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Yay!

flowerfunleah
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Coffee grounds have more uses than people give them credit for actually. You can use them in the garden, you can use them as an abrasive cleaner, and I heard (but never tried) you can use them to clear our your garbage disposal every once in awhile.

I personally find coffee grounds a pain in my arse lol and only use them in the garden (waste not, want not!) we also have a keurig and use the eco-brewer so we don't have many coffee grounds at one time to begin with.

However! If you're interested I found this site with a few helpful tips pretty interesting, pic is clicky!

How to Clean with Coffee Grounds

Quoting Wish2Be:

I heard you can make cleaning stuff out of old coffee grounds...is that true?

flowerfunleah
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:04 PM

lol yay! 

Quoting bwsmommy:

=) your post just made me smile !! So yay !

flowerfunleah
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I actually feel safer using vinegar in the bathroom than bathroom cleaners. But I also mix vinegar, water, essential oils (I like tea tree scent for the bathroom), and hydrogen peroxide in my bathroom cleaner and I usually just spray a little, clean a little, scrub a little whenever I'm in there or in the shower so it's never just a once a time bathroom cleaning and things are never left long enough to get icky (cause I'm a crazy anxiety filled momma with no time on her hands lol so it's either get it done bit by bit now or suffer my wrath). 

I also soak my heels in the tub with a mixture of vinegar, oils (of course), and water to where it just comes up above my poor abused heels, three days a week so that also annihlates any little germs that try to get on the bottom of the tub. So my feet get a cleansing and so does the tub! lol

Quoting MamaJane:

Good job!

I use just vinegar and water in my kitchen. I can't do it in the bathroom yet though. I've been doing it for 3 years but I just can't switch in the bathroom.

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Thanks this is very helpful :)

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Coffee grounds have more uses than people give them credit for actually. You can use them in the garden, you can use them as an abrasive cleaner, and I heard (but never tried) you can use them to clear our your garbage disposal every once in awhile.

I personally find coffee grounds a pain in my arse lol and only use them in the garden (waste not, want not!) we also have a keurig and use the eco-brewer so we don't have many coffee grounds at one time to begin with.

However! If you're interested I found this site with a few helpful tips pretty interesting, pic is clicky!

Quoting Wish2Be:

CafeMom Tickers
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:32 PM
It's the consistency of the cleaners. I just can't get passed the liquid vs my foam cleaner. I wipe the bathrooms down every day as well. I have cleaning anxiety as well and that's why I just can't get by that part. I tried it again recently and ill wait a bit and then try again but on the mean time I'm satisfied that I've cut out a lot of cleaners.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

I actually feel safer using vinegar in the bathroom than bathroom cleaners. But I also mix vinegar, water, essential oils (I like tea tree scent for the bathroom), and hydrogen peroxide in my bathroom cleaner and I usually just spray a little, clean a little, scrub a little whenever I'm in there or in the shower so it's never just a once a time bathroom cleaning and things are never left long enough to get icky (cause I'm a crazy anxiety filled momma with no time on her hands lol so it's either get it done bit by bit now or suffer my wrath). 

I also soak my heels in the tub with a mixture of vinegar, oils (of course), and water to where it just comes up above my poor abused heels, three days a week so that also annihlates any little germs that try to get on the bottom of the tub. So my feet get a cleansing and so does the tub! lol

Quoting MamaJane:

Good job!

I use just vinegar and water in my kitchen. I can't do it in the bathroom yet though. I've been doing it for 3 years but I just can't switch in the bathroom.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Yup I compost them as well. I have gold dirt!

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Quoting Wish2Be:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: