Do accents annoy you?

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:26 PM
  • 58 Replies

Looking at another post in another group, everyone seem to dislike the same actress for her hispanic accent, yes hers is pretty bold but it got me thinking, do you like or dislike someone based on that?!

i guess lots of CMs wouldnt like me, lol.

ETA i shold ad i dont mean people from texas or NY, i mean from different countries, hispanics, indians, asians etc

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeachMommy07
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Which actress?

Quoting Mami2oneboy:

Looking at another post in another group, everyone seem to dislike the same actress for her hispanic accent, yes hers is pretty bold but it got me thinking, do you like or dislike someone based on that?!

Mami2oneboy
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:30 PM

sofia vergara...

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Which actress?

Quoting Mami2oneboy:

angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:31 PM

They don't annoy me at all.

aneela
by 80sTardisGirl4Gore on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I have an accent and I don't have issues with other people's accents! It's part of who they are ! Very silly to dislike a person cause of how they speak.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jakesmom323
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:32 PM
I'm from KY, so I'm sure my accent could be on that list too;) I think your talking about Sophia Vargera? I love her and think she is hilarious.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aubsmom09
by Erin on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:32 PM

This

Quoting angieluvsolivia:

They don't annoy me at all.

mom2aspclboy
by Silver Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Accents only bother me if I cannot understand what is being said to me, especially if it is a doctor or other medical staff. I'm sure the people with the accents find me just as annoying when I ask them to repeat themselves umpteen million times because they cannot speak clear English.

Mami2oneboy
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:34 PM

lol yes her, i added to my post i meant like people from other countries.

Quoting jakesmom323:

I'm from KY, so I'm sure my accent could be on that list too;) I think your talking about Sophia Vargera? I love her and think she is hilarious.

joyfullem
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:35 PM

They only bother me when the actress doesn't have one but are using one for a part.  I hate hearing fake accents like nails on a chalk boarD!

PoehlerBear1983
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:31 PM
I love different accents
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: