Group Home

Looking at another post in another group, everyone seem to dislike the same actress for her hispanic accent, yes hers is pretty bold but it got me thinking, do you like or dislike someone based on that?!

i guess lots of CMs wouldnt like me, lol.

ETA i shold ad i dont mean people from texas or NY, i mean from different countries, hispanics, indians, asians etc

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Replies (51-58):
coupon_ash_back
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Lol, I knew it before you even said it. There are some accents that annoy me( such as this lady on a ikea radio commerical), but I mostly love accents.

Quoting Mami2oneboy:

sofia vergara...

Quoting BeachMommy07:

Which actress?

Quoting Mami2oneboy:

Looking at another post in another group, everyone seem to dislike the same actress for her hispanic accent, yes hers is pretty bold but it got me thinking, do you like or dislike someone based on that?!

i guess lots of CMs wouldnt like me, lol.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Sophia yeah her accent does kind of hit me like nails on a chalk board, but in real life I haven't really been bothered by any particular accent.

coupon_ash_back
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:50 PM
Ooh I love those, the British accent I admit annoys me though. It may not be that, just the fact that I can't understand what they are saying.

Quoting batmansgirl:

Depends on the accent. Scottish, Irish, British, French, Italian sound romantic to me. Russian, Hispanic not so much.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamadee1971
by Dionne on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:09 PM

No, they don't.  I love to hear British and Indian folks talk.

dream528
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Nah, accents don't bother me. I actually think they're really interesting.

karisma22
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Only if I have to deal with them on the telephone.

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:20 PM

As long as I can understand them, it doesn't bother me, just embarrassing to have to ask people to repeat things. However, I admire people for learning a new language and making it in another country. I don't think I could do it.

kaitybird
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:58 AM

It is all a part of ones being!  Sofia Vegara can be annoying but not for her accent!  I was not aware that Indians had accents!  Indonesian background maybe.  I grew up a majority in other countries, so no accents do not bother me!  I love to guess where people are from!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. proudmommy690
  2. cemcnair
  3. melliburger
  4. ScrChk23
  5. Ladyisis
  6. momofsixangels