Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crock Pot Double Onion Beef Brisket

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:46 PM
  • 7 Replies

Ok, first off, yes, I did cook the meat all the way.  LOL!  It looks pink, because I bought a CORNED beef brisket.  Unfortunately, our store did not have any regular beef brisket in stock.  Knowing corned beef is treated meat and would likely taste different, I decided to roll the dice and give it a go.  I did not have time to visit another store.  So, corned beef it was.

It actually ended up tasting really good, despite being made with corned beef (which likely changed the overall flavor completely, but that is OK).  Corned beef is much saltier, so I did not add any salt as the recipe requires.  The flavoring of the onions and the juices was amazing, so I am POSITIVE this would taste great if made the correct way with fresh beef brisket.  I will definitely go out of my way to hunt one down for next time!!!  The kids definitely ate the meat, and they loved it. 

Here is the recipe:

http://krzmomcrockpotcatalog.blogspot.com/2012/12/double-onion-beef-brisket.html#!/2012/12/double-onion-beef-brisket.html

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
wandep
by Pam on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:01 PM

cool

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
flowerfunleah
by Gold Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:22 PM

This looks great! What is chili sauce though?

Threes.Company
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 7:35 PM

LOL!  I have NO idea!!!  I forgot to get it... so I Googled "chili sauce" substitute and found a recipe for making it on your own... it involved tomato sauce, brown sugar and 3-4 spices... maybe cayenne pepper, all spice, cinnamon and I forget what else!  Oh, and I think regular vinegar, too?

Quoting flowerfunleah:

This looks great! What is chili sauce though?

Charizma77
by Carissa on Dec. 30, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Yum

mommythree0508
by Corinne on Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:29 AM

yum

bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:22 AM

Yummy !! I love corn beef hash ! So this would be right up my alley !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)