Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

? for those with a kindle fire

Posted by   + Show Post

we got our daughter one for christmas & the thing doesn't seem to hold a charge very well.  she'll charge it over night, have it turned on for like 15min the next day & it'll be down to 1 bar.  is this normal or should i take it back to the store?  i know some games & such eat up more battery than others but it seems to me that if it's charged over night it should last longer than 15min.

my husband has alwayshad an issue with his phone batteries, no matter what make he has they never seem to hold a charge long.  i joke with him he sucks the life out of them but i do know some people's "energy" can drain batteries, i used to work with a guy that could only wear the old wind-up watches because battery operated ones constantly died on him.  perhaps my daugter's the same way.

any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated.  thanks!

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:00 PM

We bought 2 this Christmas, and neither would connect to internet, so we returned them. Glad now, if the charge only lasts that long!

Godspitgrl
by Nychole on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I hopeyou find the advice you need. I will be following though as I'm looking for my DH so he will stop stealing the iPad

PhoenixMomof3
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:11 AM
I always have troubles with electronics too... and my husband makes fun of me! But even if that were the case, if she has just awoken and its already down to one bar i would take it back. She hasnt even touched it, nor has your husband! Get a new one and if it still happens... then you might be on to something! Hahaa!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I would contact Amazon.  I can charge mine overnight and it will hold a charge for a long time.

critter_boo
by Sarah on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Take it back I don't have kindle fire but my son has a kindle it did that took it back no issue
ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Hmm I don't know. I have done a lot of reading on charging those things though since my brother got my oldest DD one for Christmas. I read that some do have bad batteries. I couldn't get my DD's to charge, then found out it just don't like the USB charger it came with lol. 

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:09 AM

thought about that being the issue.  i read online about rebooting so we tried that & it seemed to hold a charge better yesterday.  we'll see if that remains the case.

Quoting ashleymosq:

Hmm I don't know. I have done a lot of reading on charging those things though since my brother got my oldest DD one for Christmas. I read that some do have bad batteries. I couldn't get my DD's to charge, then found out it just don't like the USB charger it came with lol. 

bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Mine lasts for a few hours with lots of web use ... I would take it back and get another ..
Rain2Rinse
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Have her turn down the brightness. Leaving it on its highest setting really eats up the battery. Still, the charge only last for a few hours if you are really using it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I hope that works. I got really frustrated with my DD's lol. My niece brought down one of her chargers and it does great now. She can use it all day playing games and watching Netflix and charge it at night.

Quoting lizzig:

thought about that being the issue.  i read online about rebooting so we tried that & it seemed to hold a charge better yesterday.  we'll see if that remains the case.

Quoting ashleymosq:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN