Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have tried: Dayquil, Emergen-C, Alkaseltzer Cold & Flu

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:36 PM
  • 16 Replies
plus green tea & honey, lots of water, extra vitamins, chicken soup, rest, lemon water, orange juice (an entire gallon in one day)......and I am getting worse! It started as a really bad sore throat then turned into a nasty cough. Now, it is burning, itching and aching in my sinuses. I have rinsed with a Neti pot, used Afrin and have my warm mist humidifier with Vicks in it. NOTHING IS MAKING ME FEEL BETTER.

Besides seeing a doctor....anyone have tips in easing the symptons of a sinus cold (pretty sure it is not a sinus infection as all the mucus is clear and no sinus headache). I am just miserable. I must go to work tomorrow......must. No ifs ands or buts about it. But, can't make it through a day at work feeling like this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Stick to one medication and that one only.  Some viruses will not go away despite whatever treatment given.  I have a horrible cough and now congestion.  I am drinking lots of cran berry juice, fresh fruits and rest.  As you know any dairy can make it worse.   Load up on cough drops and take a day time medicine.  TG we can pee out excess vit c since you od'd on it lol. You may have to call a doctor just for advice on how to treat it at home properly.

momofsixangels
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Hope you can feel better.My kids and dh take vitamin c and zinc to help them

Mami2oneboy
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Oh no I'm sorry theraflu always works for me, I hope you feel better, my mom needs sinus only medicines for it to go away
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Mucinex fast-max cold.

lil_mama06
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I hope you feel better soon. HUGS

Godspitgrl
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:28 PM

you can take up to 8000 units of Vit C a day. Also ginger and ceyane pepper tea helps.

angieluvsolivia
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Fluids and rest are what you need but, I understand having to work.  Try a daytime sinus med, tea, and tissues.  This is something that will take it's time.  Hang in there and I hope you feel better sooner rather than later!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Zicam works really well,
Feel better :)

teesoloca
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:43 AM

everytime i feel like this i go to the dr and she says i have sinus infection, and gives me a z-pack. about 2 days later i feel great and not like im dying...LOL

AstuteMama
by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 3:12 AM

It sounds like you are at the early stages of a sinus infection. Get all the rest you can, and if you aren't getting any better than it I would see a doctor. I know how miserable it is to work being sick. I once went to work with a sinus infection, acute bronchitis, and no voice. I had to work my whole shift feeling like death was upon me. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)