Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you celebrate three kings day.......

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:28 AM
  • 18 Replies

how do you celebrate?

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:34 AM

we don't make a big deal of the day like some do.  we give the kids three small gifts in their stockings, hubby will get a rosca de reyes from the mexican bakery & make mexican hot cocoa. 

wifeynmommie80
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM

We do the same except its gift  are the shoes and at least one gift is christian based like this year for Gold our son will get a gold crucifix.

Quoting lizzig:

we don't make a big deal of the day like some do.  we give the kids three small gifts in their stockings, hubby will get a rosca de reyes from the mexican bakery & make mexican hot cocoa. 

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:39 AM

How does he make Mexican chocolate? I bought the chocolate at a little store, but there were no directions. Help please.

Quoting lizzig:

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM

We dont but it sound fun!

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM

that's nice.  i've thought about having all three gifts go along with the gifts the kings brought but it's hard to do.  my daughter always gets a little thing of body spray so it's kinda like mire.  when she gets a bit older hubby wants to start getting her nice jewelry for one of the gifts.

Quoting wifeynmommie80:

We do the same except its gift  are the shoes and at least one gift is christian based like this year for Gold our son will get a gold crucifix.

Quoting lizzig:

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:42 AM

i'll get back to you.  he always makes it & i really never pay attention.  i'll ask him when he gets home from work later & let you know.

Quoting SweetLuci:

How does he make Mexican chocolate? I bought the chocolate at a little store, but there were no directions. Help please.

Quoting lizzig:

KelliansMom
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Growing up we did. Our church had a service that we went too. And we got one small gift it was normally something that went with something Santa gave us. Like a video game or new Barbie cloths. We also never to our decor down untill after 3 kings day. I haven't really done this tradition with my son though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EbonySnow
by Desiree on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I'm not sure what that is

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:50 AM

http://three-kings-day.123holiday.net/

it's basically the last celebration of the 12 days of christmas, 1/6, when the 3 magi brought gifts to baby jesus.

Quoting EbonySnow:

I'm not sure what that is

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:30 PM

My husband usually will not take the tree down until after.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)