Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vow renewal

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:54 PM
  • 48 Replies

has anyone ever done it?  was it a big deal or a simple ceremony? 

next year will be our 10th anniversary & we were thinking of renewing our vows.  we got married at the courthouse, just the two of us, our daughter & a friend.  our daughter has been wanting us to get "remarried" since our son was born so he could be there too.  if we do a renewal we'd want something a little bigger but still intimate.

i'd love to hear stories of your renewals.

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:00 PM

We haven't, we've been married almost 11yrs, got married in the Courthouse. I don't think we will, it's just not something I see us doing.

inmybizz
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:27 PM

We haven't.

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:29 PM

good luck! i hope to get ours at 20 or 25yrs

ballerina.2006
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:30 PM
We are celebrating 7 years Friday.

The discussion of. A vow renewal has come up multiple times in the past but I'm not sure we'll do anything. We'd need to start saving asap for anything.

I think we will either take an actual honeymoon or a huge, fun efamily vacation instead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bchic24
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:34 PM
We will be doing a ten year vow renewal in Greece on the beach with just us and our kids. We'll have a photographer and I'll have a non-traditional dress and that's it! We only plan on spending a couple thousand and that's pretty much just paying for a good vacation!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM

we never had a honeymoon either.  hard to do with a 7 1/2m old & all family out of state & country.

Quoting ballerina.2006:

We are celebrating 7 years Friday.

The discussion of. A vow renewal has come up multiple times in the past but I'm not sure we'll do anything. We'd need to start saving asap for anything.

I think we will either take an actual honeymoon or a huge, fun efamily vacation instead.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM

fun!

Quoting bchic24:

We will be doing a ten year vow renewal in Greece on the beach with just us and our kids. We'll have a photographer and I'll have a non-traditional dress and that's it! We only plan on spending a couple thousand and that's pretty much just paying for a good vacation!

momma-flynn
by Greta on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:46 PM
We have not. I have friends whose parents did it at 25 years.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Not yet but I might when we hit ten years

boshs1andonly
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 3:48 PM

we're thinking of doing the same (we also got married at the court house), i wasn't even able to have my bff there so I really would like to have a vow renewal with her there. we're thinking of renting  a yatch and having the ceremony/reception there. we wanted a destination ceremony but with the kids involved, that might be tricky. 4 more years for us though

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)