Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously stressed!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:25 AM
  • 8 Replies

So this whole 2% tax increase is going to affect us majorly. After we pay all of our bills we have like $100 left over! I am so stressed, with a new baby on the way and all. I am trying to cut anywhere I can. We both work yet we can not get ahead. Besides cell phones and basic cable we have no luxuries! I am overwhelmed and just trying to keep our head above water here. : (

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
othermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:28 AM

That is hard. I know it will hurt us some too. A few tips I have are use a clothes line in nice weather if you can, use coupons(it can be a huge help) shop sales and clearance, buy second hand. Sell unneeded items for extra money.  Grow a garden if you have the room, set your thermostat a little lower. Call your cell company ane see if they have any better deals that they can offer.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Thanks. Good tips! I am willing to try anything I can!

Quoting othermom:

That is hard. I know it will hurt us some too. A few tips I have are use a clothes line in nice weather if you can, use coupons(it can be a huge help) shop sales and clearance, buy second hand. Sell unneeded items for extra money.  Grow a garden if you have the room, set your thermostat a little lower. Call your cell company ane see if they have any better deals that they can offer.

delanna6two
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Hugs...

flowerfunleah
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Don't worry too much mommas, it's not healthy for the baby!

MamaMandee
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Hugs!! 

slw123
by Shawna on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Just do what you can.  Cutting back on electricity use and grocery costs are probably the places you will see a difference.  By grocery costs, I mean just stocking up on sale items so that you don't have to buy them when they are full price and use coupons.

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Oh man I know the feeling. Before my DH got his new job that gives him tons of over time I was trying to do everything on a very very tight budget. I was talking to my mom and brother about it one day and my brother told me "just get rid of some stuff".... I busted out crying and wanted to punch him so bad. I explained that I already had it so that I spend $50 a week on groceries and household stuff for 4 people.. We couldn't just get rid of our sattelite because we are on a contract and we had downgraded to the cheapest already. Our cell phones are on my mom's plan and if we can't pay, she don't freak out, she does it for it. Our internet is actually needed. We didn't have any where that we could just cut down on costs. None of our bills were ever on time unless they came out automatically. The last week of the month I always cried the most. Car insurance and mortgage came out of the same check. That took just about his entire check... 

I haven't looked at the differences in DH's check yet. He got paid yesterday, but I already knew it was going to be small because he only got like 24 hrs because of the holidays. His next check will be small too because of New Years.

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I honestly havent even payed any attention to that yet and am just hearing about it. But I do know what its like to struggle, and have little to no money left. contact your cable company and ask about any promotions or specials they are running, to cut the cost of that. shop sales and try to only but what is on sale. coupons help alot too, find out what stores double them, walmart doesnt. hang your clothes out on a line when its warm. if you have to run heat, set it lower so it doesnt kick on as often, and wear more layers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN