My girls are so ready.

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:26 AM
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this

To meet their baby brother. I went to the doctor on Monday. Baby Allistair is 6lbs already. The girls got to see him on the ultrasound and loved it. They of course couldn't go into the exam room with me though. They stayed in the waiting room with their daddy. When I came out my oldest looked at me with such a sad face. Then she asked me "where is baby brother?"... I told her that he was still in my tummy. She thought I went to the doctor to have him lol. I explained that we don't have babies at the doctor's office, we have them at the hospital. She was still very sad and disappointed. She is 5 lol. 
Last night my youngest was so sleepy, but she didn't want to go to bed. I asked her why and she said basically that she wasn't going to bed until baby Allistair gets here...

I love that they are both so excited about having a baby brother. I know I am going to have some awesome helpers. My oldest is looking forward to feeding him (I am going to pump and put in a bottle for her, my youngest, and daddy to feed him), she even said she would change his diapers (not poop though lol). 

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Why couldnt they go in exam room with you?  Too many people already in there?

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:32 AM

How cute!

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:42 AM

aww! they are excited! cute :)

i hope my girls are that excited when we go to the doctors too!

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:42 AM

It's just one of the rules that the doctor has. If my kids weren't with me, my DH could have gone. But they don't want the kids in the actual exam rooms. When I was pregnant with my youngest they didn't have that rule. I guess they had to make it because women would go up there with all their kids and end up not being enough room for the doctor and nurse to move around.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Why couldnt they go in exam room with you?  Too many people already in there?

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I knew my oldst would be excited, but I was worried about my 2yr old. I try to talk to her about it though and ask her if she is going to be my big helper. She gets jealous easy, so I am really trying to make sure she feels included with everything. 

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

delanna6two
HAPPY EASTER!!!
Monday at 3:19 PM
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:44 AM

awww....that's nice that they are looking forward to their brother.
lol...on the poop diaper.

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:45 AM

aww. i think thats how mine are going to be too. pretty sure we are preg w/#3 and i have a 5yo and 2yo

Quoting ashleymosq:

I knew my oldst would be excited, but I was worried about my 2yr old. I try to talk to her about it though and ask her if she is going to be my big helper. She gets jealous easy, so I am really trying to make sure she feels included with everything. 

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:48 AM

So sweet of them.

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I knew my 5yr old would, but was worried about my 2yr old. So far she seems excited though. I just hope it stays that way lol.

Quoting delanna6two:

awww....that's nice that they are looking forward to their brother.
lol...on the poop diaper.

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah my oldest is 5 too. I just hope my 2yr old stays excited lol. 

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

aww. i think thats how mine are going to be too. pretty sure we are preg w/#3 and i have a 5yo and 2yo

Quoting ashleymosq:

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner: