Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Amazon/Nabi apps for a 5yo?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM
  • 48 Replies
We got my son a Nabi 2 tablet for Christmas, and it also runs the Amazon App Market. Does anyone have recommendations for apps that would be fun/educational/appropriate for my 5yo son?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:00 PM

sorry, my 5yr old got a leapster gs so no clue about aps for that age.  i know on my daughter's kindle she's found lots of free games but not sure how educational they'd be for a 5yr old.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:53 PM
How old is your daughter? We're finding a balance between fun and educational. :-)

It also came with a lot of stuff preloaded, so we don't really need anything... It's just fun to expand. :-)

Quoting lizzig:

sorry, my 5yr old got a leapster gs so no clue about aps for that age.  i know on my daughter's kindle she's found lots of free games but not sure how educational they'd be for a 5yr old.

ColieO
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:54 PM
I like Kid Zone (mode maybe?) For my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Sorry.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:04 PM
That's a setting on your phone? The tablet is specifically for kids so it doesn't need anything like that... Any other Amazon apps your kids like?

Quoting ColieO:

ColieO
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:04 PM
No it has a bunch of games and activities in one app.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

That's a setting on your phone? The tablet is specifically for kids so it doesn't need anything like that... Any other Amazon apps your kids like?

Quoting ColieO:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:08 PM

she's 9.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

How old is your daughter? We're finding a balance between fun and educational. :-)

It also came with a lot of stuff preloaded, so we don't really need anything... It's just fun to expand. :-)

Quoting lizzig:

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:17 PM

i know she's found some memory games & puzzle apps.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Quoting lizzig:

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:20 PM

My DD is 5 and she got a Kindle Fire for Christmas. So far she just has Angry Birds, a My Little Pony game, Ice Age game, and Netflix. I haven't looked for any educational stuff yet. I do know you can get audiobooks for them if it does the Amazon market as well. 

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Sorry no idea.Dont have one

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN