Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Amazon/Nabi apps for a 5yo?

Posted by   + Show Post
We got my son a Nabi 2 tablet for Christmas, and it also runs the Amazon App Market. Does anyone have recommendations for apps that would be fun/educational/appropriate for my 5yo son?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Replies (11-20):
wandep
by Pam on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:55 PM

there is a lot of free apps out there you just have to look around.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:17 PM

The other books that are really great are any of the OceanHouse Media books... They read to you, you can read to yourself, you can tap words and pictures and it will read that specific thing to you... They have Dr Suess, Little Critter, and quite a few more. :)

Quoting ashleymosq:

My DD is 5 and she got a Kindle Fire for Christmas. So far she just has Angry Birds, a My Little Pony game, Ice Age game, and Netflix. I haven't looked for any educational stuff yet. I do know you can get audiobooks for them if it does the Amazon market as well. 

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:18 PM

There are a LOT of free apps, which is why it's helpful to have recommendations. :)

Quoting wandep:

there is a lot of free apps out there you just have to look around.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Oh ok, great, I will check it out. Thanks!

Quoting ColieO:

No it has a bunch of games and activities in one app.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

That's a setting on your phone? The tablet is specifically for kids so it doesn't need anything like that... Any other Amazon apps your kids like?

Quoting ColieO:

I like Kid Zone (mode maybe?) For my kids.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:19 PM

We have a couple of memory games, and some puzzles. I think your daughter's puzzles would be too hard for my just turned 5yo, though! :) I'm also in the market for a good maze app... Will have to look around for that.

Quoting lizzig:

i know she's found some memory games & puzzle apps.

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

How old is your daughter? We're finding a balance between fun and educational. :-)

It also came with a lot of stuff preloaded, so we don't really need anything... It's just fun to expand. :-)

Quoting lizzig:

sorry, my 5yr old got a leapster gs so no clue about aps for that age.  i know on my daughter's kindle she's found lots of free games but not sure how educational they'd be for a 5yr old.

Fields456
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Dd got one From her dad he loaded it up But I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. So bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:20 PM

That's right, I remember you posted about that. Does she like it? My son LOVES his tablet. We'll have to share some ideas.

Definitely make sure you get the Amazon App Market installed so she can run Netflix and stuff like that, her dad didn't do that already.

Quoting Fields456:

Dd got one From her dad he loaded it up But I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. So bump

Fields456
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this
She loves it. And yes she already has it set up for Netflix and Cartoon Network. And we will def have to share ideas. I'm going to mess with it this weekend

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

That's right, I remember you posted about that. Does she like it? My son LOVES his tablet. We'll have to share some ideas.

Definitely make sure you get the Amazon App Market installed so she can run Netflix and stuff like that, her dad didn't do that already.

Quoting Fields456:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:24 PM

We took CN off because it seemed like it was accessing videos that aren't necessarily what we want our son to watch. He just turned 5, and we are probably a little uptight with tv and so on. But my DH saw him watching something that wasn't ok, so he removed it.

Quoting Fields456:

She loves it. And yes she already has it set up for Netflix and Cartoon Network. And we will def have to share ideas. I'm going to mess with it this weekend

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Quoting Fields456:

Fields456
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Ahhh ya dd is almost 7 and likes jaws and lord of the Rings and nightmare before Christmas is her fav movie. So Cartoon Network is mild lol

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

We took CN off because it seemed like it was accessing videos that aren't necessarily what we want our son to watch. He just turned 5, and we are probably a little uptight with tv and so on. But my DH saw him watching something that wasn't ok, so he removed it.

Quoting Fields456:

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

Quoting Fields456:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN