Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Style Goals For the New Year

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 34 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm lucky that my husband has the whole week between Christmas and New Year's off work, so for most of the last two weeks my "style" has been pajamas unless we absolutely had to leave the house. But now hibernation time is over and I have to actually go out in the world every single day, so it's time to think about style resolutions for the new year.

First of all, I want to wear something other than my mom uniform of jeans and cardigans in the winter and knit skirts and tees in the summer. There are so many cute, stylish dresses these days, and knit ones or looser cuts are very comfortable.

I also want to keep my nails polished and shaped as much as possible. I just feel so much more "done" when my nails are done, and with fast-drying topcoats keeping them in good shape doesn't mean a lengthy time committment (of time I do not have!). 

I also pledge to keep my roots covered before I look like a skunk (dark hair, gray roots...I started going gray in my 20s!). Most haircolor manufacturers offer some kind of root cover, and they're a lot less expensive than a color refresh, even at the student salon where I get mine done.

Finally, I resolve to find a pair of pants that fit well and are the right length. No item is as "go-everywhere" as a good pair of black pants!

What are your style resolutions for this year?

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:01 AM
I don't have any. I wear scrubs and on my days off from scrubs its mommy wear. Maybe try and wear more make up?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:02 AM

To just be me...I don't give a fig what anyone else thinks about me and how I dress. I dress how I like to dress and also I wear what my hubby likes to see me in. He's really the only one that DOES matter... 

mereinhart28
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:12 AM

I don't have any. 

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:39 AM

not a resolution but i really need a haircut.  i've been putting off for too long now & i'm getting a bit shaggy. ;o)

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 4, 2013 at 8:47 AM

I dint.I always wear shorts and a t shirt

bwsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I just want to fit back into my pre pregnancy clothing !!

EbonySnow
by Desiree on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:20 AM

my goal is to need smaller sizes

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:26 AM

The same as yours!  I dont know if I can keep the nails polished though.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Well, I could use better fitting pants... But mostly I'm pretty happy with my style.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM

to wear cute maternity clothes :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)