Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smarter Style: Style Goals For the New Year

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm lucky that my husband has the whole week between Christmas and New Year's off work, so for most of the last two weeks my "style" has been pajamas unless we absolutely had to leave the house. But now hibernation time is over and I have to actually go out in the world every single day, so it's time to think about style resolutions for the new year.

First of all, I want to wear something other than my mom uniform of jeans and cardigans in the winter and knit skirts and tees in the summer. There are so many cute, stylish dresses these days, and knit ones or looser cuts are very comfortable.

I also want to keep my nails polished and shaped as much as possible. I just feel so much more "done" when my nails are done, and with fast-drying topcoats keeping them in good shape doesn't mean a lengthy time committment (of time I do not have!). 

I also pledge to keep my roots covered before I look like a skunk (dark hair, gray roots...I started going gray in my 20s!). Most haircolor manufacturers offer some kind of root cover, and they're a lot less expensive than a color refresh, even at the student salon where I get mine done.

Finally, I resolve to find a pair of pants that fit well and are the right length. No item is as "go-everywhere" as a good pair of black pants!

What are your style resolutions for this year?

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
Juniper53098
by June on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I expect that I'll need new clothes this year, as this diet should include some weight loss.

ethans_momma06
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:01 PM

To wear clothes.

Radical, absolutely radical, I know.

Threes.Company
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:51 PM
I need to build a wardrobe now that I lost all the weight!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alliesmom112
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I pledge to keep up on my hair (I started going gray in my early 20s) and spending more time on me and not just on my dd

MamaMandee
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Mine is to get dressed even on days I dont leave the house. 

BeachMommy07
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:27 PM

To try to wear skinny jeans!!

bether89
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:14 PM

My goal is to wear my hair in a ponytail less this year.

deedee3849
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 7:53 PM

To FIT into my clothes!

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Clear out all the things in my closet that don't fit well, or I just never wear. Simplify to make it easier to find what I want to wear.

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I dont really have any.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)