Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My luck!

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:52 AM
  • 23 Replies

My dh leaves for work early so I got up to pee (thanks pregnancy lol) and figured I would pay some bills real quick before heading back to bed! So, I go to pay my first car payment on our new van and...the page is down! If its not up by 8am I have to call and they want $10 to pay through the phone! Not happening! I am hoping I do not have to argue with them about it bc if their site is down why should I pay a fee? Gah! My luck lol!

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 6:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Oh man I hate when places charge fees to call and make payments over the phone.. At least you are paying them lol. Did it come back up?

PEEK05
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:33 AM

That happened to us recently with a different bill.  My husband decided not to pay it until the site went back up and that pissed me off because there wasn't enough time for them to process it, so we ended up getting a late fee for it. We never pay our bills late and he had the same view as you, "Why should I have to pay a fee when their site is down?" Well, he ended up paying a LARGER fee for it to be processed late. 

nngmommy83
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:44 AM

that sucks! hope it works!

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I agree.You should not have to pay the fee.Its not your fault

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:52 AM

hope you didnt have to pay a fee

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:59 AM

ugh that sucks :( i'm sorry, hope they can work with u

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Our water company charges a fee to pay online! Not fair. I hope you got it worked out.

saltlifemama
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:28 PM

I hate when they charge you make a phone payment. Drives me insane. Our car loan company charges $15. They never wave it for any reason. Two years ago they lost our payment (we always make them sigh for them after a prior issue) somewhere and so after stopping payment on the check and reissuing it was going to be late. They wouldn't budge on the fee so they just go it three weeks late.

Mami2oneboy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM
That sucks I hope it's up soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ethans_momma06
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Oh no! That would make me so annoyed!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)