Group Home

female dogs & being in heat...

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:27 AM
  • 33 Replies
I know the vet said she would be in heat for 3 weeks. I know nuthing about this process becauser ive never dealt w/ it for a dog.. so does anyone know how long she will bleed for. She is a german shep. I am sure this is her first cycle because she is only 10 mos. So how long does the bleeding last and what should i expect. She is not around male dogs and in a fenced in area and we are on property so its unlikely she would come into contact knock on wood!

Tia :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Hmmm...I do not but I am sure someone on here will know.  I have never had a dog before.

holmes212
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Thanks for ur reply :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetpea1269
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 10:43 AM
I don't know, I've always gotten my dogs fixed. Are you planning on breeding her?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I am not sure. I have been around dogs most of my life, but never really kept up with how long they bled for. They were all inside dogs, so we just kept up with getting them diapers lol.

holmes212
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:18 AM
I had it sched to get her fixed as soon as they would allow it i had to cancel because she has an inverted vulva so they(vet) wanted me to have her go threw first heat cycle first and see if it pushed it out. :/

Quoting sweetpea1269:

I don't know, I've always gotten my dogs fixed. Are you planning on breeding her?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
holmes212
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM
i have diapers for her but she cant pee or poo unless i take it off or she goes in them.. and she goes out the doggie door to go so its not like i take her out and can take it off each time she goes out kwim?

Quoting ashleymosq:

I am not sure. I have been around dogs most of my life, but never really kept up with how long they bled for. They were all inside dogs, so we just kept up with getting them diapers lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EbonySnow
by Desiree on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:24 AM

sorry i don't know

inmybizz
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:26 AM

you can buy doggie pads at the pet store. Not sure how long her cycle will last(maybe a few days to a week. If you are not planning to breed her I would get her fixed.

ashleymosq
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Yeah we didn't have doggy doors lol. Yeah I don't know. 

Quoting holmes212:

i have diapers for her but she cant pee or poo unless i take it off or she goes in them.. and she goes out the doggie door to go so its not like i take her out and can take it off each time she goes out kwim?

Quoting ashleymosq:

holmes212
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 11:58 AM
I had it sched when we first got her but had to cancel because the vet wanted her to go threw a heat cycle to see if her inverted vulva would push out.thats the only reason shes not fixed yet

Quoting inmybizz:

you can buy doggie pads at the pet store. Not sure how long her cycle will last(maybe a few days to a week. If you are not planning to breed her I would get her fixed.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie