Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So tired of it!

Posted by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • 14 Replies

Dh and his ways that is.... I am almost at the point where I dont think I can take anymore of him... But I feel like its giving up to easy and I am not sure if its exactly what I want. So with tax season upon us, Dh and I have been talking about what needs to be done with the return. We need a new car, not want, need! However I do not want a car payment, I have my reasoning for it like, he is bad with money and I am afraid it will get repoed. I dont want that on me since he has a DUI and will not be getting the car in his name. We will get a pretty decent return this year and I would like to find a nice car for no more then 5k.... He argues with me that he wants to put 3 or 4 down on a car and make a few payments and that we wont be able to get anything nice under 10k.... We are struggling to make ends meet now, and with me not working, I see no way to get a car with a car payment. I am looking for a job, but we cant struggle even worse until I get one.... I dont know how to really make him see this because he is blinded by his own thinking.... sorry I needed to vent.

by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I'm with you. We will never buy a new car again, even if we could affor the payments, the depreciation is just too much.

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:04 PM

we found my neon a few years ago for $3,500...we paid cash and didnt have to worry about a payment. we hope to use our tax return this year to pay off dh's car, and get me a minivan.

maybe you can find someone local selling a good car for cheap. we found my neon at a car shop through a family friend.

do you take charge of the accounts? i make sure we have enough in our accounts...dh is also horrible and spends a lot

Leelee1008
by Alicia on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:11 PM

we dont have an account anymore, dh over drew his 2 years ago on a drunken gambling stuper and when I was just thinking we should get one, DH went and stole money out of his moms to gamble again... so I wont have an account in the case that he does this again. however I take charge of the money for the most part.

saltlifemama
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Hang in there, my dh is horrible with money too. Thankfully he lets me handle most of it.

I am right there with you on the car. We promised ourselves never to have a car payment again after paying off dh truck. Even if your making ends met now its so hard to look down the road and know you will be able to in six months. Jobs and the economy are so all over the place. Depending where you live and what you want you can get really nice cars cheap. I would suggest craigslist.

I hope you to can work it out with minimal pain. I love/ hate our tax returns. I want to be practicle with it and dh is always is thinking big screen tv or something equally impractical.

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM
We've gotten some really decent cars for under 5. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Hope you can work it out.

Mami2oneboy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Wow that's crazy about the bank account you need one. You CAN get a nice car for 5000 or less cash and not be stuck with the payments hopefully everything works out good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ethans_momma06
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Vent away! What else are we here for? :)

MamaMandee
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Let it out mama!! I hope everything works out for you!!

alliesmom112
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I understand not wanting a car payment. You will have great room to negotiate if you go in with cash anyway. I hope he listens to you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN